Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CELLPHONE EXPERIENCE

tag
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

CELLPHONE EXPERIENCE

Earlier this week I think, I asked you guys about cellphone companies and who they pull. I want to share my story.

I initially look for some phone plans at Tmobile online. It pulled my credit but did not decide. They want me to GO to the STORE and present ID.

On my way to my work, I saw AT&T shop and thought I would just do it there since it is closer to my place of employment. I gave my info and boom, they denied me because of the EQUIFAX FRAUD ALERT. They want to be able to call me at my HOME FIRST just to verify my identity. I was in the front of the customer service rep with my state ID, green card, w2, and other identification, but they still wont let me proceed with the application.

So I go to my work and after few hours of working, I went out of the my new office and saw that there is VERIZON shop in front of our building. I went there and yes, I applied again. LOL. They pulled my EXPERIAN this time. I went out of that store with my new cellphone.

And now, here is what I found in my TC report:

VERIZON W 01/30/2008 Experian
AT&T-WS 01/30/2008 Equifax
T-MOBILE 01/30/2008 TransUnion

I dont care about TransUnion being pulled. Because for some weird reason, TU deletes inquiry. Maybe because I am using TC.

How are these dings going to affect my credit?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CELLPHONE EXPERIENCE

What are your current scores? and how many inqs do you have on each? But I would say it will have a minimal affect,i added like 5 inqs on my TU in a week and only dropped 8 points i think
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.