Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFPB

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: CFPB

@tieton wrote:

Sorry Cstone, just poking a little fun at the diatribe(s) you've posted here. It just seemed a tad garrulous, confrontational and struck me as silly . . . as if someone was working a bottle of Jameson pretty hard with a GRE study guide in front of them,  and looking for an argument. LOL Carry on . . .

Agreed, OP seems preety aggressive toward our beloved Mods - and - does not seem to understand the CFPB form, function and purpose that well.

Not looking for a fight, just sayin...

Message 21 of 29
Cstone87
New Contributor

Well pipeguy hope your credit is excellent, as far as my compliance goes, I expect banks and CRAs to respect the law. I don't have a GRE in front of me nor a treatise on FCRA, et al I offer adipose so consumers can best direct the energies using the proper channel. Hence the reason why the CFPB was set up. Perhaps you proffer and fancy yourself some virtuoso on Consumer law but I have yet to see any such post. Good luck

Remember" Idiots are born each day

@pipeguy wrote:

@tieton wrote:

Sorry Cstone, just poking a little fun at the diatribe(s) you've posted here. It just seemed a tad garrulous, confrontational and struck me as silly . . . as if someone was working a bottle of Jameson pretty hard with a GRE study guide in front of them,  and looking for an argument. LOL Carry on . . .

Agreed, OP seems preety aggressive toward our beloved Mods - and - does not seem to understand the CFPB form, function and purpose that well.

Too many cards
DOJ
Message 22 of 29
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Cstone87 wrote:

Well pipeguy hope your credit is excellent, as far as my compliance goes, I expect banks and CRAs to respect the law. I don't have a GRE in front of me nor a treatise on FCRA, et al I offer adipose so consumers can best direct the energies using the proper channel. Hence the reason why the CFPB was set up. Perhaps you proffer and fancy yourself some virtuoso on Consumer law but I have yet to see any such post. Good luck

@pipeguy wrote:

@tieton wrote:

Like I said, I'm not looking to redirect your pontification, but you have no clue as to why the CFPB was "set up" - I'm not going to educate you because it'll touch on the third rail of untouchable topic on these forums (aka politics), but I will offer although I strongly support the concept of the CFPB, the way it was "born" and the way it operates is not as you believe. Note even Sen Warren wants the director to be replaced with a board of directors and for greater Congressional oversight.  

Message 23 of 29
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Here is an article from a "progressive" writer you might find interesting: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/education/221468-is-the-cfpb-committing-regulatory-overreach

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to admire the Mods for being very professional when the OP has been insulting and very personal in his/hers posts.

Message 25 of 29
Cstone87
New Contributor

Trust me I know why. Its moot. Immaterial. Period.

@pipeguy wrote:

@Cstone87 wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

@tieton wrote:

Like I said, I'm not looking to redirect your pontification, but you have no clue as to why the CFPB was "set up" - I'm not going to educate you because it'll touch on the third rail of untouchable topic on these forums (aka politics), but I will offer although I strongly support the concept of the CFPB, the way it was "born" and the way it operates is not as you believe. Note even Sen Warren wants the director to be replaced with a board of directors and for greater Congressional oversight.  

Too many cards
DOJ
Message 26 of 29
Cstone87
New Contributor
Cstone87
New Contributor

That's the argument "you" made in the California case, and the court threw it out. Sad. Pontification, never me. i am but a lowly public servant. Defending what people find mundane. Reactionary's are like **bleep** roaches, they vote for raid. Why is it the very ones at the bottom love to attack the hand that feeds them? Its exhausting. TGIF

Point is CFPB utilize or don't. Wont have the slightest influence on me, nor will I ultimately care. Its your credit, and reading YOUR post, doesn't seem to reconcile with being.....forget it not worth responding to

@pipeguy wrote:

Here is an article from a "progressive" writer you might find interesting: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/education/221468-is-the-cfpb-committing-regulatory-overreach

Too many cards
DOJ
Message 28 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Let's remember to be respectful in your comments, as to not violate myfico's TOS and User Guidelines.

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.