cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE ACCOUNT QUESTION

SOLVED
Frequent Contributor

CHASE ACCOUNT QUESTION

I noticed that my chase card dosent have a credit limit and that equifax is not putting this card in my total ultization. Ive had the card since 99 It was explained to me that it is a signature card and has no credit line.

My question is should I keep the card since its has a lifetime apr of 4.99% or should I ask for a product change.

Its kinda weird I am not getting any points for this card on Fico. Maybe I am wrong but I have been looking at the ultization for the last 3 months and its only adding up my 3 other cards. And this card is my longest active card and most avalible credit. any advise??????

2wheel
19 REPLIES
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CHASE ACCOUNT QUESTION

Call Chase's customer service department and ask to have the card changed to the non-Signature version.  Or, if there is another Chase card that appeals to you, ask for a product change to the non-Signature version of that card.  A non-Signature account will report a credit limit. 

Our forum members have had very good luck with Chase when requesting a product change from Signature to non-Signature.

EDIT:  I forgot to address the lifetime 4.99% APR.  I assume you're carrying a balance at that rate.  In the past, Chase never made any changes to existing APRs when converting from Signature to non-Signature.  However, given the current economic climate, this policy might have changed.  You'd have to ask the Chase customer service representative what would happen to the 4.99% APR.

Message Edited by psychic on 03-15-2009 02:13 PM
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Frequent Contributor

Do NOT mess with this card. In today's credit climate- keep it- the age is helping you. Don't worry about it not reporting a limit You should work on getting the other 3 cards down to 10 % utilization. 

4.99 Thats awesome-  

Frequent Contributor

Will they keep it at 4.9% and will the age stay? if it goes to non sig.
Frequent Contributor

age will stay but rate wont
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Thats a sweet rate- tough decision. I guess if you pay in full evrymonth interest rate doesn't matter- but you get mega bragging rights for having a 4.9% card.

Moderator Emeritus

Is this a lifetime of the balance promotional rate, or is the 4.99% your purchase APR?
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Frequent Contributor

its been 4.99% since 1999 they said as long as i have card it will stay the same
2wheel
Moderator Emeritus

Do you generally carry a balance on this card?
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Frequent Contributor

sometimes... usually pay off before billing cycle but the last 2 months i have carried a balance

but most of the time I pay the card in full what in your opinion is the best card to have from chase (rewards)

I am thinking they might let me keep the original date that card was issued becase it does help with AAOA

If I dont it would mess that up and I would lose about 2 years of AAOA... Was looking at the perfect card

wont have any problems getting any card fico scores in high 700

Message Edited by 2wheel on 03-15-2009 12:57 PM
2wheel