Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHILD SUPPORT

tag
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

Re: CHILD SUPPORT

Yes, that is what I meant as far as non-custodial parent.  DH is not married to his son's mother and she is not willing to ever let him claim him at any time and is not willing to switch off.

Hearts
I can and will be a part of the 700 club this year, because I can do all things through Christ.
Message 11 of 15
Saffyreblue
Valued Member

I gave my daughter's father 50% custody because he was having another baby and couldn't afford to give me the $800 per month that he was. She lives with him one week and me the next. Now, he just splits her expenses with me, private school tuition, insurances, daycare. He pays for her when she's with him and I pay for her when she's with me. He now only gives me $100 per month. Since she spends the same amount of time with both of us, I claim her on the odd years and he claims her on the even years.... Note: If I knew how much of an ass he'd turn into after giving him 50% custody, I never would have done it. I gave up $700 per month and had to get a part time job to supplement the missing income.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

As the custodial parent, you also don't have to claim child support as Income when filing taxes (in TX).  My ex and I split medical 50/50.  I claim my 50% of medical expenses and he claims his 50% of medical towards itemized deductions.  Neither party, however, can deduct the heathcare costs (out of my check) as it is pre-taxed dollars.

The custodial parent gets the child credits unless specifically designaged differently in the custody orders.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and ex also pays (separate from child support) reimbursement for kids medical insurance at 100%.  Then we split dr. visits, RX, etc., at 50/50.

We also split summer camp but he doesn't have to do that....Our order states child support, medical insurance, and 50/50 of medical expenses incurred.  All other expenses are my financial responsibility.  

Message 14 of 15
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I have a joint custody/placement situation as well. I have the children about 60% of the time. Since we have four children, she claims children #1 & 3 and I claim children #2 & 4. All other expenses are split, as well as each providing for them separately when they are with each parent.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.