Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Dividends Plat Select MC

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

CITI Dividends Plat Select MC

Just goes to show high scores, little debt and high income doesn't guarantee the best CLs or rates.

My EQ FICO score was 756 when they pulled, 0 derogs and util 4% four for each of my CCs, very little installment debt and only 2 inqs, income very good but I will not be specific. This is what I got.

I was instantly approved online last week for this card with a CL of $3,600 and an APR of %15.74. They refused to get give me any CLI or even lower my APR during activation. I have CCs with limits that are 5 times this. Amazing! This APR is middle of the road. I told them to shove it!Smiley Mad I won't tell exactly where though!

Message Edited by fused111 on 07-10-2007 01:46 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CITI Dividends Plat Select MC

I bet I can guess. But ya know, I would have been happy with that offer.... still a little fish Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Lori344 wrote:
I bet I can guess. But ya know, I would have been happy with that offer.... still a little fish Smiley Wink

I know what you mean!Smiley Happy I just found it strange though.
Message 3 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Weird.. I know people (even recently) who have been approved for $10k with 100 less pts than you. Goes to show scores are not everything.
Message 4 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Is it possible CITI has raised their standards from prime to super-prime?Smiley Tongue Also, many have told me it's easy to get a CLI at activation.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm, They gave me a CLI at activation for a regular Platinum Select MC - not Dividends. I'm about 60 points lower then you too and have one disgusting derog on my CR that consists of about 25 late payments - account was closed exactly 1 year ago. Still wouldn't have made you happy as it was only going from 3K to 5K - made me happy enough though.
Message 6 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

db23 wrote:
Hmmm, They gave me a CLI at activation for a regular Platinum Select MC - not Dividends. I'm about 60 points lower then you too and have one disgusting derog on my CR that consists of about 25 late payments - account was closed exactly 1 year ago. Still wouldn't have made you happy as it was only going from 3K to 5K - made me happy enough though.

I know the Dividends isn't easy to get. The CSR was being very evasive with me and said "you are not eligible for a CLI or a lower APR at this time." I asked why? She said the same thing again. Oh well, I will never really know and at this point don't care. 

I created this thread to show how someone can get an Amex Card covert it to a Blue card and get a CLI to 5K with scores in the low or mid 600's while someone with a score in the mid 700's clean CR, no derogs, low CC util, a couple of inqs gets shafted. You just never know!

Learning FICO scoring is a daunting task, maybe understanding how CCC companies someitmes arrive at their decisions is just as difficult.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.