Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI GW response

tag
golfmomfor3
New Contributor

CITI GW response

Just mentioned in another thread and want to give Citi a thumbs up for being the best GW responder that I have had so far!  A letter yesterday re removal of 2 30s on Home Depot, also positive letters re deferred student loan and old mortgage account.   (just had instant denial for Citi Upromise though with mailed invitation but will reapply when scores inch up a bit)
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CITI GW response

Congrats! IMO, Citi is the best CCC out there in terms of customer service.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Smiley Happy

Rob
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey golfmomfor3, I want to wish you a belated congratulations. I've got a problem I hope you and Tuscani can help me with though. I took a couple of the GW letters from Tuscani's examples and took bits and pieces of what I liked and created my own to mail to Citi.

Here are my baddies:
First CC - Two 60 days late (July 2004, May 2004), One 90 days late (June 2004)
Second CC - Two 60 days late (August 2004), Two 90 days late (July 2004, June 2004)

Here is the reply I got:

Our records indicate that the information appearing on your credit report is correct. If you wish to add a brief statement of explanation to your file, you may contact the consumer reporting agencies to whom we report your account information. This will become part of your credit record, which they retain.

The agencies we report are ...

The account has been reported as disputed to the credit bureaus.

Please allow 30 days ...

What did I do wrong? How do I correct this? Is there a particular address I was supposed to send this to?

Message 4 of 19
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats. It is good to know citi is coming through when you need them. I dont have a citi card yet, hopefully I'll get one soon. Happy New Year.
Message 5 of 19
honeybrook1
Regular Contributor

That's exactly the response that I received a couple of months ago, berraco58.  Was yours signed by R.M. Pick?  Would love to know what I can do to get through to these guys...Smiley Indifferent

Starting Score: 718
Current Score: 718
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 19
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Is Citi BK friendly?  Or is it just score driven?
takin' it one day at a time
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

golfmomfor3 wrote:
Just mentioned in another thread and want to give Citi a thumbs up for being the best GW responder that I have had so far!  A letter yesterday re removal of 2 30s on Home Depot, also positive letters re deferred student loan and old mortgage account.   (just had instant denial for Citi Upromise though with mailed invitation but will reapply when scores inch up a bit)

I agree!  They were the only one who responded favorably to my GW letter...they deleted a 60-day late payment for me!  Nice Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 19
honeybrook1
Regular Contributor

What address did you send your GW to, Elexi21?

Message 9 of 19
honeybrook1
Regular Contributor

Or anyone out there-can you post an address where you have had success with a GW letter to Citi?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.