Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Unauthorize hard pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CITI Unauthorize hard pull

Is it CITI normal practice to give you a FingerHut card when they deny you for their CC? I apply for a CITI CC online on 6/23 and recieved a message stating that I was denied for the CC ,but two weeks later, I recieved a Fingerhut card. It had a CL of 135.00 so I threw it in the trash without activating it.Today I checked my TC and there was a TL from CITI Fingerhut along with a hard pull on 6/24. I never apply for and gave premmision for them to do a pull for a fingerhut card. I know this is some kind of violation, what should I do?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CITI Unauthorize hard pull

Yes Citi will try and approve you for a number of retail accounts if you apply for a card...

Rob
Message 2 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yep... they had PP.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So If I asked them to remove the hard pull, would  they do it or would they give me problems?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani I don't think  appling for a bank card and getting a store card be interpeted as PP. I think thats apples and oranges, also it they have fine print on their application that states if you dont qulatify for one card you may get another one, why another hard pull the next day. I will be calling them to remove both the TL and the second hard pull and I'll keep you informed on the outcome.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They may have had PP, but they have no right issuing you a card that you did not request unless the application specifically said they would consider you for another one of their cards. If it did and you applied anyway, well then you have nothing to complain about.

It was probably a big mistake throwing that card out unless you destroyed it first. Throwing out a card that hasn't been activated does not close an account.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like all personal documents that I discard...It was shreded..
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.