Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI went DOWN, credit score went UP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI went DOWN, credit score went UP

Macy's (AMEXDNSB) just reported to Experian that my CLI went from $900 to $600. My balance has not changed (it's been $0 for a while).

My Experian FICO 8 score increased 14 points because of it according to myFICO.

Is that normal? Is there something else that might have been reported as well that would cause it that the alert just doesn't cover?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI went DOWN, credit score went UP

Only a guess, but it was not the decrease in CL that moved your score up. You have low utilization and plenty of available credit. Did something like and inquiry or account have an anniversary maybe? 

Any rate, congrats on the upward movement.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Appleman wrote:

Only a guess, but it was not the decrease in CL that moved your score up. You have low utilization and plenty of available credit. Did something like and inquiry or account have an anniversary maybe? 

Any rate, congrats on the upward movement.

I figured, but I don't see anything else that reported today.

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

My EX just went up from a $20 increase on a card... to $34 on an $8400 line.

Needless to say this was a change that rolled up an untracked one, namely my paid collection getting deleted early.  Without looking at a before and after report, can't really make assertions as to why something went up or down unless you know your credit report far better than anyone really should rationally.

My relationship with my credit report is distinctly unhealthy with how intimately I know it. Smiley Happy

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.