Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI - will they hurt my fico score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI - will they hurt my fico score

Today started out as a happy day.  My hard work is starting to pay off.  yipee.  My total revovling balance has dropped since March from $1655 down to $100 ($372 if you include an old acct that went to collections but is being reported as open acct on TU and EQ).  Installment $5020 (1st payment not due on installment til 5/11).  1 revolving acct did an inquiry 5/3 and raised limit add $3000 (this acct has 0 balance).  Will this increase in CLI hurt my score even though acct has 0 balance?  Balance on this acct will be at max in June when I have medical procedure done.  However said balance will drop 1/2 by Oct when I get bonus from work and all will go to pay this expense. 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI - will they hurt my fico score

fiskite wrote:
Today started out as a happy day.  My hard work is starting to pay off.  yipee.  My total revovling balance has dropped since March from $1655 down to $100 ($372 if you include an old acct that went to collections but is being reported as open acct on TU and EQ).  Installment $5020 (1st payment not due on installment til 5/11).  1 revolving acct did an inquiry 5/3 and raised limit add $3000 (this acct has 0 balance).  Will this increase in CLI hurt my score even though acct has 0 balance?  Balance on this acct will be at max in June when I have medical procedure done.  However said balance will drop 1/2 by Oct when I get bonus from work and all will go to pay this expense. 

CLIs NEVER hurt you as a matter of fact it is a signal to your other creditors that you have handled credit responsibly.  They do have the ability to see your limits over time.  Congrats on the new faith shown in you!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Brammy.   Someone must be smiling down on me today.  All my scores are finally above 600 on fico...700 here I come!Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! on the 600 club as for me well 2 out of 3 right now TU 602 EX 630 and EQ 582. Good job though keep it up. Hope your procedure goes well also.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dekrist,

Thanks ...who knew when I hit my late 30s my body would fall apart hahaha...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.