Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMI -- IS THIS A VIOLATION

tag
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

CMI -- IS THIS A VIOLATION

Ok, so there was  a post a few days ago that listed the email information on some of the executives at CMI. I dropped them a line and a issued a complaint (this is after I send a CMRRR DV letter back in January of this year regarding a debt that first went delinquent in 04).

The contact sent back an email stating that while I paid the final balance in Nov. 05, CMI didn't post the zeroed out balance until of May 06! So they basically sat on my money (which I know they didn't do) and/or waited close to seven months before they updated their records and therefore updated the reporting that was going to the CRBs!

Doesn't this constitute six months of inaccuracies? Wouldn't this be a violation of the FDCPA and FCRA?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: CMI -- IS THIS A VIOLATION

When did they deposit the check? Send them verification that the check was deposited before the date they are stating. Whom contacted you?
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 2 of 4
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

A guy named Nelson Wilson contacted me. I have to dig up the check records, but I know it wasn't some six month lag time as it would disrupted my check book. I was in dire financial straits during the early months of 06, a late deposited check would have killed me. Also, personal checks aren't valid after 90 days (although that might be 180 days).
Message 3 of 4
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Nelson Wilson is the same individual whom contacted me. The only way to resolve this is to get copies of your bank records showing the date the check was deposited.

Also you will need copies of your credit reports showing they continued to update incorrect information for multiple months.

Every month they updated incorrect information is violation.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.