Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMRRR or Delivery Confirmation

tag
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

CMRRR or Delivery Confirmation

Is there a difference for our purposes? Does CMRRR help you better when legal action needs to be taken? Or will DC prove that a letter was delivered and start the Countdown?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: CMRRR or Delivery Confirmation

what type of DC are you talking about?   
Message 2 of 6
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

At the Post Office they offer a service called Delivery Confirmation in which you pay extra, get a specialized receipt that you can check online to see when the posted item was actually delivered... you just don't get a signature card back.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

the rep at the po said i could track my cmrr online, and get the green card back. not sure if it will show a sig online though.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I send all mine CMRRR.....you can not always read the sig.online & if used in court it MUST be legable or not accepted by the court.  It took 6 weeks for 1 of the GC to get back to me so I went to the post office & they printed out EVERYTHING on letterhead........they are very careful of certified mail and handle with special care.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something to consider.

CMRRR has been around for a while, and judges know what it is. DC is relatively new, and while it is the USPS, a judge might be hesitant to accept a DC.

CMRRR is nails in the coffin hammered flush. A DC nail might hold the lid down, but it might not.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.