Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMRRR or Regular Mail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CMRRR or Regular Mail

I have read many threads (not here of course) about how you should NOT do CMRRR because the CRA's just toss them in the trash. Many say to just use regular snail mail. Can we try and put an end to this? LOL Which is the BEST way to go and why?

Cujo
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CMRRR or Regular Mail

Whenever I needed a response from a CRA I have ALWAYS done CMRRR. Every last letter I wrote got a response.
Message 2 of 8
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

cujo, I have had a fine experience doing CMRRR with CRAs, but I have had just as good luck sending it regular snail mail as well. My method of choice these days is fax. Others will weigh in on their personal experiences.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never sent via CMRRR, only snail mail and have had everything answered. Maybe not how I want it ... LOL

Cujo
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regular mail is definitely cheaper, but so is faxing also.
Message 5 of 8
bott6698
Established Contributor

Well, I recently tried CMRRR for the first time. TU I never got grren card back yet from Feb 4th sent to same state as me and that cost 5.00. On the other hand I sento to EQ also on feb 4th and same day they sent me back my file# for the dispute and online showed an investigation in process as of feb 7th 2008. So for my first experience I have had good and bad LOL. So far I have liked using online disputes except on most there is no room for notes etc, I guess we all have our choices.
10/11/2017 EQ 640 TU 639 EX 652 12/10/2016 EQ 621 TU 607 EX 626 10/10/16 EQ566 TU591 EX 587
01/31/2008 EX 502 EQ 466 TU 481
3/14/2008 EX 578 EQ 539 TU 543
4/16/2008 EX 622 EQ 532 TU 578
5/19/2008 EX 604 EQ 591 TU 592
1/1/2009 EQ 625 EX 576 TU 569
02/13/2009 EQ 648 EX 617 TU 590
09/28/2009 EQ 568 TU 591
Thanks to all Fico supporters for your encouragement and advice
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL Bott ... I am thinking for now since there is no real difference, I will stay with snail mail to keep costs down Smiley Happy Unless proven otherwise of course.

~Cujo
Message 7 of 8
Karma2678

This really depends on what your intentions are. If you plan on filing a lawsuit in the future against possibly a CA reporting inaccurate info, but refuses to delete. Then you want to be able to show as much documentation that you have bent over backwards trying to get the information corrected. If you know that under no circumstances this will become necessary then regular mail will do.

I have heard that sending letter CMRRR to the CRA's can cause the CRA's to begin to believe you are working with a credit repair organization. You really don't want them to think this because once they do your repair could halt.

Maybe to be on the safe side you could send it certified mail w/ no return receipt requested. I always suggest handwriting your disputes on notebook paper. Many people suggest writing it on yellow legal pad with purple writing. The reason this is done is because the CRA's are not really reading these disputes. They are scanning them into a computer.  So handwriting and using highlighter is thought to cause the CRA's to have to actually read the disputes.

I really don't suggest online disputes after your first initial dispute. The first dispute usually results in the most deletions because of the "low hanging fruit". When you go online and submit disputes you are keying in all the information for them. Especially, the not mine disputes. All that is happening is that they are doing an electronic verification of certain factors such as if; your name matches, address matches, dob, ss#.  The CRA's are not really speaking to the OC's at all. So a "not mine" dispute usually will not go far after the first dispute. Sometimes you may get lucky and the OC or CA won't respond.

The first thing you need to be doing is having the CRA's to delete all former addresses and update your current address. Also, have them to delete any name variations which are not accurate. Once this is complete start your disputes. This way at least if the trade line you are disputing is tied in to one of those incorrect addresses or names then it has more of a chance to be removed. If this mis-information is still on your report and a trade line is connected to it then its likely to get verified electronically.

I hope this helps. Sorry to go off on a rampage.
IN GOD WE TRUST ~ ALL OTHERS MUST DOCUMENT!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.