Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO and collection

tag
namron77
Valued Member

CO and collection

One of my charged off credit cards from a few years ago just showed up as a collection account from Midland.  I tried contacting the OC a few months ago to at least lower my utilization and they told me the account of was sold.  I am obviously going to DV Midland, but now both the OC and Midland are both reporting.  I'm sure this is KILLING my score.  How can I make one of them go away?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CO and collection

namron77 wrote:
One of my charged off credit cards from a few years ago just showed up as a collection account from Midland.  I tried contacting the OC a few months ago to at least lower my utilization and they told me the account of was sold.  I am obviously going to DV Midland, but now both the OC and Midland are both reporting.  I'm sure this is KILLING my score.  How can I make one of them go away?

Who is the OC and are they now reporting a $0 balance on this CO? Do you remember when this CC went 180 days late (charge-off)...DOFD? Before you DV Midland, do you know your state's SOL. If not look in the threads below?

Message 2 of 5
namron77
Valued Member

It is for First National Bank.  DOFD is only about 2 yrs of go so it's still within SOL.  Yes First National is showing a zero balance.   I'm not sure what to do.  Also, the high balance was only $343 and Midland is reporting $520 due to them.  That seems like an excessive fee for the collection.
Message 3 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

DVing a CA while legal SOL has not passed has it's risks...Midland could turn around and have you served. If you have the money on hand to pay the full amount, you can try and DV Midland via  CMRRR. If they validate, offer a PFD...just remember your mileage may vary. And yes, the interest is a real PITA!Smiley Mad
Message 4 of 5
FICOfit
Contributor

I chose not to DV Midland when I received their dunning letter when I was still within SOL.  I've seen far too many threads on this forum about Midland filing suit.  I would suggest PFD if they are reporting.  If they are not reporting, get something in writing stating that they will not report if they receive payment by x date (assuming you have money to pay them). 

That's kind of what happened with me.  Midland wasn't reporting and in their dunning letter it stated that if payment was received by the due date, they would not report.

Midland is apparently a notorius CA.
05/19/08 TU: 703 EQ:717 EX:710

05/08 TU:660 EQ:710 EX:621
04/08 TU:654 EQ:671 EX:618
3/08 TU:608 EQ:624 EX:623
11/07 TU:564 EQ:555 EX: 560
Goal: 700 club by Dec 2008. Can it be done? Heck yeah!! It's done, let's keep it that way!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.