Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO date Changed and 8 more 90+ late added

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CO date Changed and 8 more 90+ late added

EQ, EX & MYFICO reports from Sep, Oct, Nov & Dec all show May 2007 as CO date.  Now all of a sudden the CO date shows as Jan 2008 and 8 additional 90+ days late pays were added for Jun 07 through Jan 08.  No payments have been made.  Can they do that?  Could this be pay-back for disputing the account last month?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CO date Changed and 8 more 90+ late added

Do you have copies of the previous reports?  If so, not only would I disoute in writing with the CRAs, I would CC my disputes to the company listing the charge-off with an obvioous footnote that it has also beec CCd to the FTC.  this is called reaging debt.  Definitely NOT legal.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have hard copies of reports from multiple dates.  Also, shouldn't the CO date = Oct 2006 (180 days).

I'm cleaning up my daughter's credit file and HSBC is the last one on the list.  I kinda thought this was retribution for disputing in December.  Is this really re-ageing or HSBC trying to continue reporting late pays to keep the FICO score down since late pays are not factored into the scoring after 2-years? 

Just checked my son-in-laws reports and the CO date was changed on his reports as well. 

For example - Experian shows the following:
Dec 07 report:
Account History:
 Charge Off as of May 2007 
 180 days as of Oct 2006
 150 days as of Dec 2006 to Apr 2007, Sep 2006
 120 days as of Nov 2006, Aug 2006
 90 days as of Jul 2006
 60 days as of Jun 2006
 30 days as of May 2006

Jan 08 report:
Account History:
 Charge Off as of Jan 2008
 180 days as of Oct 2006
 150 days as of Dec 2006 to Dec 2007, Sep 2006
 90 days as of Jul 2006
 60 days as of Jun 2006
 30 days as of May 2006

Message Edited by dwarfess on 01-19-2008 09:18 AM
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

dwarfess wrote:
Yes, I have hard copies of reports from multiple dates.  Also, shouldn't the CO date = Oct 2006 (180 days).

I'm cleaning up my daughter's credit file and HSBC is the last one on the list.  I kinda thought this was retribution for disputing in December.  Is this really re-ageing or HSBC trying to continue reporting late pays to keep the FICO score down since late pays are not factored into the scoring after 2-years? 

Just checked my son-in-laws reports and the CO date was changed on his reports as well. 

For example - Experian shows the following:
Dec 07 report:
Account History:
 Charge Off as of May 2007 
 180 days as of Oct 2006
 150 days as of Dec 2006 to Apr 2007, Sep 2006
 90 days as of Jul 2006
 60 days as of Jun 2006
 30 days as of May 2006

Jan 08 report:
Account History:
 Charge Off as of Jan 2008
 180 days as of Oct 2006
 150 days as of Dec 2006 to Dec 2007, Sep 2006
 90 days as of Jul 2006
 60 days as of Jun 2006
 30 days as of May 2006

Message Edited by dwarfess on 01-19-2008 09:18 AM

This is my read:
DOFD should be 5/2006      CO should be no later then 10/2006   It will not change the DOFD

Now SOL could have changed if any payments were made even if never became current.

If you even file a dispute they can file suit because im guessing that they are still within SOL.

If on both of their CR   was it a joint account or is 1 of them an AU?

If an AU  a simple by that person can have it deleted as    NOT MINE.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 01-19-2008 02:45 PM
Message 4 of 8
nathan
Frequent Contributor

I have been having the same problem but I don't really care because expected drop-off date is still the same on the original credit reports. i have collection accounts that are  due to fall off in a couple of months but they are still updated constantly on my report. i am just waiting to see if they show up after the drop off mos, then i will immediately dispute.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was a Joint account and no payments have been made.  I'm willing to PFD or, if HSBC files suit, I have no problem PIF.  Haven't attempted settlement at this point because I want the credit reports to reflect accurate history.  My understanding is that late pays are only factored into FICO scores for two years.  Thus, it is important to have payment history complete and accurate before attempting any kind of settlement.

Message Edited by dwarfess on 01-19-2008 05:04 PM
Message 6 of 8
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@nathan wrote:
I have been having the same problem but I don't really care because expected drop-off date is still the same on the original credit reports. i have collection accounts that are  due to fall off in a couple of months but they are still updated constantly on my report. i am just waiting to see if they show up after the drop off mos, then i will immediately dispute.

Thank God for this forum, as we are able to monitor and track our CRs. I had a CA on my CRs for years. I told them to ES&HATM, as I had sold the timeshare and they were still assessing HOA fees...NOT!! They were due to fall off 10/2007. Sure enough they did. Then, in November, they popped back on again (costing me 21 points). I was able to send a DV and dispute and they went away. They sent me a letter stating that it has been deleted from both TU & EX. I got 7 pts back from EX and 0 from TU (I promise you they hate me).

If not for these forums, I would probably be fighting those idiots for another 7 years.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
EQ, EX & MYFICO reports from Sep, Oct, Nov & Dec all show May 2007 as CO date.  Now all of a sudden the CO date shows as Jan 2008 and 8 additional 90+ days late pays were added for Jun 07 through Jan 08.  No payments have been made.  Can they do that?  Could this be pay-back for disputing the account last month?

You know, the dispute probably just synched the CRA's with what was in their system, like maybe they hadn't reported in a while. In a way, it *is* retribution.

I'm interested in the outcome of this as well, because a repo I had in 11/04 kept reporting as a repo EVERY MONTH for 2 years, so I look like I have 32 lates on 1 CR, and it looks now like the repo is 1/07 instead of 11/04. There's gotta be a way around this for both of us.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.