azimm

CO showing up on CR twice. What should i do???

This is my first post on myFICO so bare with me. 3 yrs ago i opend up a citgo gas card which was eventually sent to collections because i could not make the payments. And today when i checked my cr the citgo collection is showing up twice. the first tl is citgo with a 0 balance and the second tl is showing up as lvng fund with a balance of 399.00 (which is the orig collection balance for citgo)

Is there any way i can dispute these???? And is this Legal????
Established Contributor
beach123

Re: CO showing up on CR twice. What should i do???

I'll start this one out - LVNV Funding BOUGHT your account for next to nothing - be sure you request DV in writing, CMRRR, do NOT talk to them on the phone.  They are buggers that can & do report double accounts, I have one on mine exactly the same as you.  One showing 0, one showing NEW as of 2004, when they bought it, and they list activity AFTER the DOFD which they aren't supposed to be able to do.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}