Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COLLECTION GW SUCCESS!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

COLLECTION GW SUCCESS!!!

WOW!!!  I recently sent a goodwill letter to MAF Collections regarding a medical collection that was placed in my credit file 2 years ago. It was for $92 that I didn't know I owed from a car accident in which I was hit from behind. My car insurance company had me send them all of my bills but I didn't know there was a balance that was never paid that my medical insurance was supposed to pick up but didn't for some reason. As soon as I found out I, paid it myself but it had already been sent to collections. I had a consumer statement placed in my credit file but was never able to get it deleted. I humbly appealed to MAF again 2 weeks ago and received a letter today that they have notified the BIG 3 to delete it from my file!!!

Message Edited by sunkysd on 06-30-2007 11:58 AM
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: COLLECTION GW SUCCESS!!!

Nice!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's excellent!  congrats!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!
Message 4 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Wonderful!!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If ya don't mind me asking,how did ya word your letter. I have a med collection on my account that is paid, but I'd like it off, also. The example GW letters really pertain to TL, meaning they talk about being a long time customer, etc. Being that I'm not a "customer" of the emergency room ( well, maybe here lately since I've had 6 kidney stones in the last year....Smiley Mad...too many Starbucks coffee...haha) how would I ask them to please delete??? And do i send it to OC or CA???? Thanx!!

sunkysd wrote:
WOW!!!  I recently sent a goodwill letter to MAF Collections regarding a medical collection that was placed in my credit file 2 years ago. It was for $92 that I didn't know I owed from a car accident in which I was hit from behind. My car insurance company had me send them all of my bills but I didn't know there was a balance that was never paid that my medical insurance was supposed to pick up but didn't for some reason. As soon as I found out I, paid it myself but it had already been sent to collections. I had a consumer statement placed in my credit file but was never able to get it deleted. I humbly appealed to MAF again 2 weeks ago and received a letter today that they have notified the BIG 3 to delete it from my file!!!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the CONGRATS!!!

Flygirl the letter is actually on my pc at work. I will post it on Monday.

flygirl wrote:
If ya don't mind me asking,how did ya word your letter. I have a med collection on my account that is paid, but I'd like it off, also. The example GW letters really pertain to TL, meaning they talk about being a long time customer, etc. Being that I'm not a "customer" of the emergency room ( well, maybe here lately since I've had 6 kidney stones in the last year....Smiley Mad...too many Starbucks coffee...haha) how would I ask them to please delete??? And do i send it to OC or CA???? Thanx!!

sunkysd wrote:

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I might impose, anyone with GW success letters who'd like to post 'em, please post 'em here.
Creates a "notebook" of them for folks to peruse.

If you're looking for more, search CIC and CB. There are some GW letters there.

While it's much more of a "shotgun effect", and you'll have to do some sifting, google is your friend.

If you'd like to read my random thoughts and psychology of GW, read here.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.