Contributor
sunkysd

COLLECTION GW SUCCESS!!!

[ Edited ]
WOW!!!  I recently sent a goodwill letter to MAF Collections regarding a medical collection that was placed in my credit file 2 years ago. It was for $92 that I didn't know I owed from a car accident in which I was hit from behind. My car insurance company had me send them all of my bills but I didn't know there was a balance that was never paid that my medical insurance was supposed to pick up but didn't for some reason. As soon as I found out I, paid it myself but it had already been sent to collections. I had a consumer statement placed in my credit file but was never able to get it deleted. I humbly appealed to MAF again 2 weeks ago and received a letter today that they have notified the BIG 3 to delete it from my file!!!

Message Edited by sunkysd on 06-30-2007 11:58 AM
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: COLLECTION GW SUCCESS!!!

Nice!
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (08-15-2014): EQ 820, EX 817, TU 814
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Credit Cards -
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ A Gold Visa with my local bank 10K
Established Contributor
trinigal

that's excellent!  congrats!
Frequent Contributor
cfstr1

Congratulations!!!
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

Wonderful!!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Established Contributor
so_confused

Awesome!:smileywink:
9/18/08 TU=707 EQ=706 EX=702
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Congrats!
Frequent Contributor
flygirl

If ya don't mind me asking,how did ya word your letter. I have a med collection on my account that is paid, but I'd like it off, also. The example GW letters really pertain to TL, meaning they talk about being a long time customer, etc. Being that I'm not a "customer" of the emergency room ( well, maybe here lately since I've had 6 kidney stones in the last year....:smileymad:...too many Starbucks coffee...haha) how would I ask them to please delete??? And do i send it to OC or CA???? Thanx!!

sunkysd wrote:
WOW!!!  I recently sent a goodwill letter to MAF Collections regarding a medical collection that was placed in my credit file 2 years ago. It was for $92 that I didn't know I owed from a car accident in which I was hit from behind. My car insurance company had me send them all of my bills but I didn't know there was a balance that was never paid that my medical insurance was supposed to pick up but didn't for some reason. As soon as I found out I, paid it myself but it had already been sent to collections. I had a consumer statement placed in my credit file but was never able to get it deleted. I humbly appealed to MAF again 2 weeks ago and received a letter today that they have notified the BIG 3 to delete it from my file!!!

Contributor
sunkysd

Thanks for all the CONGRATS!!!

Flygirl the letter is actually on my pc at work. I will post it on Monday.

flygirl wrote:
If ya don't mind me asking,how did ya word your letter. I have a med collection on my account that is paid, but I'd like it off, also. The example GW letters really pertain to TL, meaning they talk about being a long time customer, etc. Being that I'm not a "customer" of the emergency room ( well, maybe here lately since I've had 6 kidney stones in the last year....:smileymad:...too many Starbucks coffee...haha) how would I ask them to please delete??? And do i send it to OC or CA???? Thanx!!

sunkysd wrote:

Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

If I might impose, anyone with GW success letters who'd like to post 'em, please post 'em here.
Creates a "notebook" of them for folks to peruse.

If you're looking for more, search CIC and CB. There are some GW letters there.

While it's much more of a "shotgun effect", and you'll have to do some sifting, google is your friend.

If you'd like to read my random thoughts and psychology of GW, read here.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+