Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COLLECTIONS advice needed!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

COLLECTIONS advice needed!!!!

Good afternoon,

I have a collection account through ozarka water. I saw the account on my report a while back, but was immature and did not care. THe account is valid, however I dispute the amount owed.

I contacted ozarka about it and was informed "we sent it to collections. it is out of our hands we cannot talk with you on the matter further. contact the collection agency".

I contacted the collection agency(Credit Collections, Inc.) and explained that I was trying to pay my debt, but I disputed the $424 they said I owed. I inquired about a pay for delete and offered over 50%. The collection agency stated that, "we do not do PFD's... Your account would still show the collection, but it would show that it was settled or paid."  In addittion, I was told that the original creditor would accept no less than 80%.   

I am trying to get this account taken care of. I'd like to buy a house this year.
My scores are Equ.-695  Exp.-691 Tran.- 686  

Anyone have any ideas or advice? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I know that there are several threads on this, but I thought it might be better to explain the details of my situation.

Thanks,

Eric in Oklahoma

Message Edited by esourie on 02-28-2008 10:13 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: COLLECTIONS advice needed!!!!

DV the CA, and if verified then do a PFD in writing. Never talk to a CA on the phone. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.