cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONFIRMED: Huge Discount On Score Watch!

tag
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Re: Possible Huge Discount On Score Watch?

I use the NFCU ScoreWatch and it appears to deliver the same Score as the Scorewatch on myFico.  I also use the Equifax Complete for three bureau alerts.  The Equifax alerts beat the IdentityGuard and CreditKeeper alerts by about 48 hours. It's odd that Scorewatch advertises 2 FICO scores per year with the service since, presumably, your score would be updated throughout the year via Scorewatch alerts.  Maybe the scorewatch alerts aren't tracking true FICO score movements and twice a year you receive a score with the full algorithm?

Don't know but, yeah, the NFCU pricing can't be beat. FYI - You don't have to pay the full year in advance to get the $6.95 deal.

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 24
chasmith
Valued Contributor

Re: CONFIRMED: Huge Discount On Score Watch!

You get your new score with the alert when it changes (you need to set your current score as the target so it will alert on any change).

You get two full Scorewatch Reports per year, they are complete reports with all your credit file and information on factors impacting your score, etc.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Message 12 of 24
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@ficofox wrote:

I use the NFCU ScoreWatch and it appears to deliver the same Score as the Scorewatch on myFico.  I also use the Equifax Complete for three bureau alerts.  The Equifax alerts beat the IdentityGuard and CreditKeeper alerts by about 48 hours. It's odd that Scorewatch advertises 2 FICO scores per year with the service since, presumably, your score would be updated throughout the year via Scorewatch alerts.  Maybe the scorewatch alerts aren't tracking true FICO score movements and twice a year you receive a score with the full algorithm?

Don't know but, yeah, the NFCU pricing can't be beat. FYI - You don't have to pay the full year in advance to get the $6.95 deal.

Fully Agree!

True you don't have to pay the full year... But the if you buy the entire year, you effective get it at a rate of $5.83 a month, which is roughly $69.95.

Message 13 of 24
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Oh that's cool.  I missed that additional discount calculation for the full year purchase. 

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Message 14 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

JagerBomb, it sounds like a winner!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 24
fuzzy-bear
Established Member

MarineV, you can get the stand alone ScorePower score/report from Equ. that is a Fico score by calling their customer service and asking for ScorePower that is Fico based, I believe that their ScorePower(stand alone is again Fico based) but  call their customer service dept to confirm that it is Fico first. About $15.95 for the ScorePower score.
I have called customer service and stipulated I wanted ScorePower(fico score) and gotten it. and I also believe I have purchased ScorePower lately and gotten a Fico score and the report with it from their web site.

Remember if you cannot find it,  they answer their customer service calls quickly and will get it for you.

Try this number for Equifax 1-877-474-8274

It is simpler to just get it from Myfico(they are exactly the same scorewise)

Message 16 of 24
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@fuzzy-bear wrote:

MarineV, you can get the stand alone ScorePower score/report from Equ. that is a Fico score by calling their customer service and asking for ScorePower that is Fico based, I believe that their ScorePower(stand alone is again Fico based) but  call their customer service dept to confirm that it is Fico first. About $15.95 for the ScorePower score.
I have called customer service and stipulated I wanted ScorePower(fico score) and gotten it. and I also believe I have purchased ScorePower lately and gotten a Fico score and the report with it from their web site.

Remember if you cannot find it,  they answer their customer service calls quickly and will get it for you.

Try this number for Equifax 1-877-474-8274

It is simpler to just get it from Myfico(they are exactly the same scorewise)

I appreciate the information. Our focus though was on the fact that EQ makes it very difficult (so far impossible for me in the last few weeks) to navigate through their website to buy the EQ FICO score. And it seems intentional since they rolled out their own private EQ score.

Since I only check my scores about twice a year I'll just continue to buy them here. But I'm sure that phone number will help other folks who are also frustrated with trying to buy a FICO score at Equifax.com.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went on the website but do not qualify as a member for NFCU but i typed in the search for score watch, clicked the link from there and got the discount Smiley Very Happy

When I log in to my equifax it now says NFCU at the top corner but I was able to get the discount and not be a member.

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Hope I'm not bothering you, but can you please send me the link to get Scorewatch for $6.95.  I really need this.  thanks in advance!

Message 19 of 24
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

UPDATE:

So I have found out that EQ ScoreWatch is pretty quick in getting alerts.  On April 9th, my mortgage refinance showed up on my EQ report. (per my pull with USAA CreditCheck Premium).  The very next day I received a score alert and score update.  Update within 24hours is not too bad if you ask me! Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.