cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONFIRMED: Huge Discount On Score Watch!

tag
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

CONFIRMED: Huge Discount On Score Watch!

Without saying too much and trying to endorse somewhere else... Can anyone confirm whether Score Watch by Equifax is the same Score Watch provided here by MyFICO?  If so, I might have a deal for you! ( If I am allowed to PM it )

*EDIT TO ADD*

As an update, I purchased Score Watch from Equifax.  My score was at 753, up from 745 two weeks ago.  I can't say that I like the layout of Equifax, where as MyFICO is very user friendly, but they both get the same job done.  Got my scorewatch for a yearly price of $69.95 (or monthly of $6.95/month)

*Note:

Discount applies only to Equifax Score Watch... Not available with MyFICO.

Requirement: Must be NFCU Member.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Possible Huge Discount On Score Watch?

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

Without saying too much and trying to endorse somewhere else... Can anyone confirm whether Score Watch by Equifax is the same Score Watch provided here by MyFICO?  If so, I might have a deal for you! ( If I am allowed to PM it )

From what I understand it is exactly the same product.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 24
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

From what I understand it is exactly the same product.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

In which case, I know what my FICO score on here was so I am going to purchase the Score Watch over there to compare results.  BTW, to get this discount you have to be a member of a certain CU.

Message 3 of 24
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Message 4 of 24
awal
Regular Contributor

I'm curious how the EQ Scorewatch stacks up to the Fico Scorewatch in regards to timeliness of alerts.

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 5 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I hope it's still the same product! It always was before, but recently Equifax stopped selling EQ FICO's directly from their site. (Not the Scorewatch product, but a link specifically to buy the FICO score.)

Do let us know if the score you get with it is a FICO.

edited in an attempt to add some clarity  Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 24
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I hope it's still the same product! It always was before, but recently Equifax stopped selling EQ FICO's directly from their site. (Not the Scorewatch product, but a link specifically to buy the FICO score.)

I certainly can't find it. I have seen others post how to get there and I thought I bookmarked the procedure but I apparently have such a good filing system that the BM is lost on my hard drive somewhere.  Smiley Happy

The cynical side of me thinks that EQ has made it purposely difficult to find that EQ FICO score link because they are pushing their new proprietary EQ "score".

From a BK years ago to:

Message 7 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Frankly, my guess is that they've phased it out entirely, just as did TU.

Looks to me like the CRA's, led by Experian, are pretty much abandoing the consumer market for FICO's. Why not, when they can make more money off of FAKO's?

I honestly don't care (I know it sounds like I do, lol) if they want to sell FAKO's, if they'd just be honest about it. But to me, it's like buying a bathroom scale that can read 20 pounds higher or lower than my real weight at any give time. Although it might be nice to have one that always reads 20 pounds lighter. Nevertheless, it still wouldn't mean much.

I think that's why the Vantage scale is 501 - 990 (900-something, anyway, can't remember for sure.) We all love to see those nice high numbers, just like we like to see low numbers on the bathroom scale. If the lowest score you can get is a 501, everybody wins!!

Oh well, as long as I can access my reports, rather than FAKO's, that will have to do I suppose.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 24
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Frankly, my guess is that they've phased it out entirely, just as did TU.

Looks to me like the CRA's, led by Experian, are pretty much abandoing the consumer market for FICO's. Why not, when they can make more money off of FAKO's?

I honestly don't care (I know it sounds like I do, lol) if they want to sell FAKO's, if they'd just be honest about it. But to me, it's like buying a bathroom scale that can read 20 pounds higher or lower than my real weight at any give time. Although it might be nice to have one that always reads 20 pounds lighter. Nevertheless, it still wouldn't mean much.

I think that's why the Vantage scale is 501 - 990 (900-something, anyway, can't remember for sure.) We all love to see those nice high numbers, just like we like to see low numbers on the bathroom scale. If the lowest score you can get is a 501, everybody wins!!

Oh well, as long as I can access my reports, rather than FAKO's, that will have to do I suppose.

I can't argue with this logic.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:

Message 9 of 24
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@awal wrote:

I'm curious how the EQ Scorewatch stacks up to the Fico Scorewatch in regards to timeliness of alerts.

For me, timely alerts are not a concern.  I am pretty much in "gardening" mode and just like to see where I stand.

It looks pretty similar to MyFICO except that MyFICO is more user friendly and easier to navigate.  EQ ScoreWatch gives the same score, report, etc but is less convenient.  But for the difference in price, I will take less convenient Smiley Wink  I have highlighted the important parts below:

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.