Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONSUMER FINANCE ACCOUNTS LOWERING SCORE

tag
ABuckNow
Contributor

Re: CONSUMER FINANCE ACCOUNTS LOWERING SCORE

This issue is still dragging down my EQ Fico score - it's 50pts lower than EX and 40 lower than TU, all the same TL's reporting the same way on all three reports except these (the FICO scores are from a Mortgage app two days ago).

I do not have any Consumer Finance Accounts, and I never have (I understand what they are and why they can lower your score).

I do, however, have a number of old student loans from Sallie Mae that range from 7-9 years old - I'm almost certain this is what EQ is classifying as CFA.  I tried to dispute them, pointing out that Sallie Mae doesn't do Consumer Finance loans, but EQ didn't care, they just came back as verified (of course...there's not a person who reads disputes and thinks about them in some logical manner, it's all handled electronically, sadly).

And Sallie Mae was no help either of course, lol those were some unpleasant phone calls...for both parties!

No where on the TL for these old student loans does it mention "Education" or Student Loan or anything like that.

But whatever,  big F U to EQ, my middle score is now over 720 so that's all I care!  I have no patience and no tolerance of the CRAs anymore - I got what I needed from them, that's all that matters!

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.