Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR deletion question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CR deletion question

I did it! Thanks to the help of this board of course!  I got West Asset deleted from my CR!! I tried everything....but it was the fact that they refused to sign the CRMRR for the DV I sent to them that helped me the most. I went online and disputed that they refused DV...it is now deleted off of 2 out of 3 CRA (just waiting for TU to update). This leaves me with only a 6.5 year CA from crap 1 and one 30 day late on my cc from two years ago....can't wait to see my scores go up for a change!
  Is it possible that Sprint can re-sell the account to another CA? Or should I stay floating on cloud nine like I am right now??Smiley Tongue
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CR deletion question

I don't know how to answer your question but was interested in how you went about getting account deleted.  I have sent 2 CMRRR to CA on my report and have received NO response.  I am getting fed up.  So you disputed on your CR as CA refusing to validate and it worked?  Did you have to send any supporting documents or proof?  I am tempted to try the same thing only I am afraid it's just going to come back "verified."
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

goingnowhere wrote:

Is it possible that Sprint can re-sell the account to another CA? Or should I stay floating on cloud nine like I am right now??Smiley Tongue

Yes, Sprint can re-sell the account. However, if the CA didn't sign for the DV and doesn't know you requested validation, they may continue collection activities and try to report it again. So keep a close eye on things.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 04-09-2008 06:57 AM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I disputed I put the reason as "they refused to validate -when sent a CRMRR, they refused to sign."  For whatever reason it worked...I won't argue why or how.  They deleted from experian....not sure about the other two yet...no results are updated as of yet. Maybe getting hit with a dispute from all three CRA about 1 week or so apart helped me by one slipping through the cracks.....who knows...but i will update when I know something further.
Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

goingnowhere wrote:
I did it! Thanks to the help of this board of course!  I got West Asset deleted from my CR!! I tried everything....but it was the fact that they refused to sign the CRMRR for the DV I sent to them that helped me the most. I went online and disputed that they refused DV...it is now deleted off of 2 out of 3 CRA (just waiting for TU to update). This leaves me with only a 6.5 year CA from crap 1 and one 30 day late on my cc from two years ago....can't wait to see my scores go up for a change!

Sprint can and will likely resell. I would save up for a PFD in full.

I had the same with West Asset. They too collected for Sprint for about $250. Before I knew anything, I had disputed (I never recommend doing this for many reasons) and they dropped off my reports. The debt then went to NCO. I DV'd NCO's dunning letter and they responded by saying that cannot validate and went away. The debt is still out there but I am willing to PFD if any future CA validates.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

update:
 West Asset has deleted from all 3 CRA...my FICO has jumped  points to : TU-665, EQ-632, EX- 661 !! Lets just pray they don't report again....;-)    Finally I have something good to report from my CR!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.