Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR's not showing up-to-date payments

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

CR's not showing up-to-date payments

The 1 thing that is hurting my score is payment history, so I'm hypersensitive to reporting of my on-time payments.  My credit reports are in some cases 2 months behind in showing my payment status.  For example: my WF cc, cap1 car note and both my SL are not showing my July or August payments.  (Cap1 cc is not showing these but my next statement date isnt until the 24th).

2 months of 4 on-time payments not showing is significant (given my credit history and payment history is my main concern).

Suggestions on what to do?  Is this something I just have to live with?

Thanks,

Duncan

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CR's not showing up-to-date payments

Most all CC creditors only report once per month and they'll report the balance you had on the statement date. They'll report that balance up to a few days beyond that statement date. Some loan-based lenders report on a fixed date and don't always report around the statement date (since there often isn't a statement).

You probably wouldn't see any August payments unless your statement for your CC already cut earlier in the month (and the payment was before then). When is WF's statement date? CapOne wouldn't likely show any payments between 7/22ish until now, and won't show those until the very end of the month. YMMV on your loans. If you pull your CRs directly from the CRAs, you might find the exact date they reported. Some CMSs will show this too.

Message 2 of 3
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: CR's not showing up-to-date payments

It might also be a USAA thing.  I logged into EX monitoring (yes...Im spending a good bit of money on all my services) and found the following:

Cap1 CC shows both Jun and July payments (August statement not cut yet)

Cap1 Auto shows Jun and July payments.  It doesnt show August.  I made August payment on 15th.

SL shows Jun and July but not Augusts.  I made August payments on 1st and 15th, respectively for the two loans.

And get this....WF already shows Jun, July and AUGUST.  That statement just cut and I paided it last Friday.  (I love EXPERIAN! they are so on the ball)

Im thinking SL probably post all on same date...not sure about Cap1 Auto.  Everything else seems to be good.  I get my EQ report on 9/1 and I'll check my progress.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.