cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR update problem.. why hasn't it been updated?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CR update problem.. why hasn't it been updated?

I have a student loan account with Great Lakes. I had 7 late payments. I was able to get them to agree to put the 7 late payments in deferment, therefore, removing the negative items on my CR. They have provided a letter stating that the changes have been submitted to the 3 CRA's.

Every month they do a credit report update (end of the month) in Feb it was updated on the 28th, March it was 31st, and April.... has not been updated. It is now the 3rd of May and there has not been an update. It says "Last update 3/31" when I check my CR. When I called on May 2nd they said that it was submitted on the 30th of April. I just received the letter today stating that they have reported to the CRA's (on the 3rd)

My question is since the deferment was "granted" during the month of April. What would be the reason it has not been updated yet? Since they report at the end of every month why hasn't the April report been posted yet? 

Any info would help. Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CR update problem.. why hasn't it been updated?

What software/service are you using to track your reports?

If your account typically updates at the end of the month, it's not uncommon that it could happen at the beginning of the following month instead at times.  I'd say before the week is over you'll see the update.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CR update problem.. why hasn't it been updated?

Hope so, I purchased the transunion subscipion and equifax and I can update them daily. Thanks for the input I appreciate it.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.