Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA Dispute Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRA Dispute Question

Disputed three inaccurrate collections on my EQ credit report.  Received an email advising two were deleted, however one was verified. The result reads: "Equifax verified that this item belongs to you. Equifax verified that this item has been reported correctly."  My dispute was that the item was paid prior to collections - not that is was not mine.  I called EQ and the representative opened another dispute for me.  Now my question - the collection reported date changed to 3/2008. Should that have happened? Does this mean EQ is going to restart the reporting for 7 years from 3/2008? Is this something that can be corrected? 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CRA Dispute Question

PurpleHaze wrote:
 Now my question - the collection reported date changed to 3/2008. Should that have happened? Does this mean EQ is going to restart the reporting for 7 years from 3/2008? Is this something that can be corrected? 

Reported date isn't important to fall off date. Fall off date goes by DOFD. DOLA on one of the CRAs(EX, I think).

It should still fall off as scheduled.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reponse - think I am still confused.  Below is how the info is listed on EQ:

Date Reported: 03/2008 
Date Assigned: 03/2005  
Account Owner: Individual Account. 
Original Amount Owned: $55 
Date of 1 st Delinquency: 03/2005 
Balance Date: 03/2008  Balance Owned: $65 
Last Payment Date: 04/01/2007  Status Date: 03/2008 

Would it be 7 years from the date of 1st Delinquency if the dispute is not resolved?

Message 3 of 5
nicemann
Established Contributor

Seven years start from "Date of 1 st Delinquency: 03/2005"
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

PurpleHaze wrote:
Thanks for the reponse - think I am still confused.  Below is how the info is listed on EQ:

Date Reported: 03/2008 
Date Assigned: 03/2005  
Account Owner: Individual Account. 
Original Amount Owned: $55 
Date of 1 st Delinquency: 03/2005 
Balance Date: 03/2008  Balance Owned: $65 
Last Payment Date: 04/01/2007  Status Date: 03/2008 

Would it be 7 years from the date of 1st Delinquency if the dispute is not resolved?

If the account is not deleted as an outcome of the dispute or for any other reason, then it will be removed 7-7.5 years from 03/2005.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.