Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA Dispute Result questions.

tag
Lucid08
Regular Contributor

CRA Dispute Result questions.

Hi all,

I pulled my 3 CR's back in Oct and there were several Med CA's showing on each. I initiated the dispute process with all 3 CRA's and just last week received all 3 dispute resolutions from each CRA.

The weird thing(s):

TU - deleted all but one of the disputed items which was verified. No big deal. In process of PFD'ing OC for this one.

EQ - Verified the same item as TU, but it also verified one of the items that TU deleted.

EX - Same as EQ.

Questions:

How can one CRA delete a disputed item and the other 2 CRA's not?

Is it a matter of the CA's or the OC's not responding in the case of TU, but they -did- respond to EQ and EX? I'm just at a loss as to how one CRA can delete a disputed item, and the other two somehow -verify- the same item.
EQUIFAX - 640 1/05/12 - Goal of 720 by Mid May!
Transunion - 637 - 01/15/10
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Lucid08
Regular Contributor

Re: CRA Dispute Result questions.

Pardon the bump

If anyone could shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated.
EQUIFAX - 640 1/05/12 - Goal of 720 by Mid May!
Transunion - 637 - 01/15/10
Message 2 of 3
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

Re: CRA Dispute Result questions.

How can one CRA delete a disputed item and the other 2 CRA's not?

Is it a matter of the CA's or the OC's not responding in the case of TU, but they -did- respond to EQ and EX? I'm just at a loss as to how one CRA can delete a disputed item, and the other two somehow -verify- the same item.

Possibilities:

1. The other companies were able to verify the information, but failed to do so with the other agency.

2. CA or OC probably timed out the 30 days allowed by all, which in this time CRA may have no option but to delete the info.

3. CRAs may use electronic verification, telephone and letters which may yield results differently

4. You probably have given more information on some CRAs but not the same amount of information provided to the other one.

Also, remember to look for the notation in your report. If they have verified it, i think they should also put a comment stating: "Consumer disputed etc."

Also, please remember that if this is related to Med collection, they have no right to pull your credit as indicated in Pintos case.

Good luck

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.