Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA Variances...

tag
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

CRA Variances...

As you can see from my scores in my signature there is a wide range in them. Experian lists all my bank loans while Equifax has some medical collections. Transunion sits in the middle.

Is there anyway to get my bank loans to be reported to more than my Experian account or is that out of my control? It seems like most other people have a much smaller variance between the agencies.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: CRA Variances...

Contact the lender(s).

Message 2 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Are the scores from myFICO or a lender?

Not all creditos report to all CRAs.  It cost money to report and some only report to one or two, some all three, some not at all.

Message 3 of 8
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

The scores are from MYFICO.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 4 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

That is part of the issue.  All of the scores are different models/version and each one scores differently.

Message 5 of 8
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

The main thing that is impacting your score is all three bureaus are not reporting the same accounts. This will cause differences in the score a good example is Equifax which is reporting collection account(s) the others are not. So it stands to reason it would be lowest score of the three. The score model difference may be impacting your score but in my opinion the difference in the data is the bigger factor.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 6 of 8
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Well the highest one has 3 bank loans that I took out and then paid off in one year vs the 36 months called for. Unfortunately that isn't reporting to the other two and I wondered if there was a way to force this like you can dispute incorrect items.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 7 of 8
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

The reporting is controlled by the lender. As stated above not all lenders report to all three credit bureaus. Sometimes you can find out what their reporting policies are through an internet search or by asking up front. But be aware that the institution representatives are often unfamiliar with their companies real policies and may give you wrong information.

The only way to get them to report to the other bureaus is to contact them and request it. If it is not their normal policy and especially if the accounts are closed then the likelihood of success is slim. I know I went through this with Prosper. They only reported to 2 bureaus. But I was aware of that going in.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.