Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA's and the bull they say/do...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRA's and the bull they say/do...

I was just sitting here thinking about the time (2 weeks ago) I was talking to EQ about a dispute and the lady on the phone flat out told me that no matter what you send in to dispute a item on your report, they are going to go with what the OC or CA says. To me, that TU/EQ/EX'S way of saying F your FCRA laws. It really makes no sense to dispute something and they will only go by what the OC/CA says. I know for a fact that I have sent in paperwork to disprove what was on my report and they still didnt change it. As a matter of fact, the csr ask if I could send in the paperwork again because when they scanned it, a big black line went through it and they could not read it. Go figure Smiley Sad

Add your thoughts or storys with a CRA.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

Re: CRA's and the bull they say/do...

No personal horror stories with the credit bureaus here but I wanted to remind you that the credit reporting agencies work for the creditors, not us.

They have no motivation to "help" us, as we are not their "customers".

It's a crappy system, that's why you have to learn to play the game. If you are that fed up with the CRB's BS then you can always sue them for not complying with the FCRA. Might be worth a consultation with an attorney.
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.