cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA's have my addresses all wrong...how do you fix it?

tag
jschaffer
Regular Contributor

CRA's have my addresses all wrong...how do you fix it?

I've emailed, and I've sent hard copy letters to all 3 CRA's to fix my address, and they still haven't done anything, in fact they've made the situation worse.

They're listing my CURRENT address as my former address, and they're listing my former addresses as my current address. It's totally backwards!!!

This wouldn't be a big issue to me, except everytime I mail them, and they respond, they send it to my former address EVERY TIME, despite the fact that my return address is on the top left of the envelopes I mail to them, asking them to FIX this very information.

I keep getting the yellow address correction stickers on all their responses to me. I wish they'd at least TRY to be somewhat accurate. Help? Anyone else experience this?

Message Edited by jschaffer on 09-06-2007 07:33 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: CRA's have my addresses all wrong...how do you fix it?

Make sure all of yor creditors have your current address. I had the same situation happen to me. When I called experian they told me the compay that BMW was reporting my old address, so I called them and told them to update their records. Then I put in a dispute with Experian. All was solved within 24hrs.
Message 2 of 4
jschaffer
Regular Contributor

@Takunda1 wrote:
Make sure all of yor creditors have your current address. I had the same situation happen to me. When I called experian they told me the compay that BMW was reporting my old address, so I called them and told them to update their records. Then I put in a dispute with Experian. All was solved within 24hrs.

That's fine except all my current creditors are using my current address...:-/

Message Edited by jschaffer on 09-06-2007 08:54 AM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fax each of the CRAs. Type up a letter and copy your drivers license and your social security card. Send the copy of each along with the letter you typed to these fax #s:

EQ: 866.233.3777
EX: 972.390.3838
TU: 610.546.4606
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.