cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA states collection comes off 7 years after payment not Deliquency date????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRA states collection comes off 7 years after payment not Deliquency date????

I have a collection on my CR with Transunion.  It has already been removed from the other 2 CR agencies.    So I called TU to see what they have as the date when this will come off.  She told me 7 years from when I made the payment which was in 2005Smiley Mad.  My account became deliquent in 2001 from my old equifax report the DOLA was 5/01.  This is a collection account the oc is no longer reporting.    Please tell me she is WRONG....like I think she is.......and if so what should I do?  

Thanks!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CRA states collection comes off 7 years after payment not Deliquency date????

love2golf wrote:
I have a collection on my CR with Transunion.  It has already been removed from the other 2 CR agencies.    So I called TU to see what they have as the date when this will come off.  She told me 7 years from when I made the payment which was in 2005Smiley Mad.  My account became deliquent in 2001 from my old equifax report the DOLA was 5/01.  This is a collection account the oc is no longer reporting.    Please tell me she is WRONG....like I think she is.......and if so what should I do?  

Thanks!!

TU is incoerrect!!!   DOFD does not change with payment. CRTP (DOFD) only changes if payment is made and the account becames current!!!   DOFD does not change if payment is made after the account is closed either.

Dispute it as * not mine*    see if it drops......if it comes back verifies  MOV   TU  CMRRR
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CRA states collection comes off 7 years after payment not Deliquency date????

The TU lady is wrong.

Message Edited by TheNewWorldMan on 03-14-2008 02:25 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the responses.   What is MOV?
Message 4 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

L2G, the lady that works for the haters is an imbecile. BTW, MOV is method of verification.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.