Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA trade info with each other?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRA trade info with each other?

I did a PFD for a collection. The CA stated they report to EQ and they will notify them to remove. I do now have it removed from EQ but its on EX still when I called the CA today asked them to notify EX too they told me Again that the credit bureaus trade info. and I need to contact Ex so I did a dispute. Is this true ? Ive read on here that that they are in competition with each other and DONT exchange info. . Am i doing the right thing or should I bug the CA?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CRA trade info with each other?

They do not trade information.  You will either have to dispute it with Ex or bug the CA again.
Message 2 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

CRAs compete with one another, they do not share information. Do you have the PFD agreement in writing and does it explicitly state the CA will delete all info from all CRAs?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im so new at this that the letter I received was hand written and does not refer to all CRAs. I did file a dispute with EX. Will they be contacting the CA on this? Could the CA just be ingnorant or lying?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ignorant- the perfect word to describe this.

@Anonymous wrote:
Im so new at this that the letter I received was hand written and does not refer to all CRAs. I did file a dispute with EX. Will they be contacting the CA on this? Could the CA just be ingnorant or lying?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.