Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT CARD LATE FEES AND 30 DAY REPORTING

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CREDIT CARD LATE FEES AND 30 DAY REPORTING

QUESTION: Credit card bill due on the 7th. Paid on the 20th, late fee was added. Do i have to pay that late fee before the 7th of the next month to avoid a 30 day late report ???

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CREDIT CARD LATE FEES AND 30 DAY REPORTING

@Anonymouswrote:

QUESTION: Credit card bill due on the 7th. Paid on the 20th, late fee was added. Do i have to pay that late fee before the 7th of the next month to avoid a 30 day late report ???

Your late payment will be recorded and reported to the credit bureaus regardless. However, I would definitely pay that fee asap. The only exception I am aware of is a card that allows a late payment. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

the credit card payment is not 30 days past due until the following 7th of the month, so i dont think thats reported?? i just dont know if the late fee has to be paid before the 30 days or just pay it by the next month!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you make just the minimum payment or did you pay more?  Depending on when the late fee was charged, it may be part of your minimum payment.  Does the card still show a minimum payment amount due on the 7th?  If it does, I'd pay it ASAP to get current again.

Message 4 of 5
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

As long as you're less than 30 days late, it won't be reported.

The late fee should be computed into your bill. If you pay somewhere between the minimum and the full statement balance, you should be set.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.