Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRESCENT RECOVERY LLC

tag
celeste45
Valued Member

CRESCENT RECOVERY LLC

Has anyone heard of this CA! I am having a  real difficult time with this CA. they refuse to update the records showing that the acct went to collections in 2001. they reaged the account on the CR. I talk to the CRA and they refuse to do anything about it.  I have dv'd these jerks and they will not respond. the account will be 7 years old in October. i appreciate any suggestions! should i just go ahead and SUE!!!! or wait for the drop off. I need to refi ASAP and prefer not to wait another six months.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CRESCENT RECOVERY LLC

If a CA doesn not answer a DV within 30 days they must stop all collection activaty!!!! and that means reporting.

Dispute with all CRAs  by fax or CMRRR   and you must send them copies of  DV letter  copy of Cert.paper  copy of GG.

Tell the CRAs that the CA  can not validate this debt! They did not answer Debt Validation letter and by Federal statue, they can not legally validate. Delete this!

In order to sue you must have a detailed paper trail   you must also have MOVd the CRAs.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-08-2008 01:08 PM
Message 2 of 4
celeste45
Valued Member

thanks a lot happy days! im sorry but what is MOV. thanks againSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you DV the CA they have 5 days to notify every CRA that they report to that the account is in dispute. When they do this it removes the account and places it into a sort of hold status that does not count against you as far as your score goes. Then the CA can take 1 day or 100000000 to validate the debt to you but in the meantime they can make NO collection efforts AT ALL. If they don't place it in disputed status thats a violation. If they make any updates to the CRAs after receiving your DV AT ALL, each one is a violation.

It sounds like you have enough ammo to sue them right now. Find out what you need to do to file with a local small claims court. You don't need a lawyer to do this. Then just be able to produce a copy of the DV letter you sent along with the green signature card at the hearing. You will need to find out the limit you can sue for in small claims. In PA where I am at it is $5k.

By the way, re-aging an account is another violation. Count up the violations they have made and sue away. There are some CAs that just don't care and won't do anything until you win in court. I'm going through that with Palisades Collection LLC right now. Don't be afraid, be prepared and your bank account and CR will be much happier when you nail the lousy SOBs to the wall.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.