Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS v. TC - who's right?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CS v. TC - who's right?

I currently monitor my credit with both CS (Amex's CreditSecure) and TC (TrueCredit).  (This is only for a brief period of time as I plan to cancel TC just before my next scheduled payment.) 

In the event of conflicting information, who should I believe?  Is there a way to know who is "more" accurarate?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CS v. TC - who's right?

lurknomore wrote:
I currently monitor my credit with both CS (Amex's CreditSecure) and TC (TrueCredit).  (This is only for a brief period of time as I plan to cancel TC just before my next scheduled payment.) 

In the event of conflicting information, who should I believe?  Is there a way to know who is "more" accurarate?

What kind of conflicting information?  They are both pulling the same reports to generate the reports you see.

If there is seriously conflicting data, I'd believe the one that was pulled most recently.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They differ in the number of INQs listed.  I pulled both CS and TC this morning, and TC has more listed INQs than does CS.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

lurknomore wrote:
They differ in the number of INQs listed.  I pulled both CS and TC this morning, and TC has more listed INQs than does CS.

Weird.  Are you sure you're looking at the same CRA on each one?  They're listed in a different order.

Have you found the one that's on TC but not on CS?  Is it recent?  Is it old?

Is it possible it could have been added since the last time you updated CS?  Or is it possible it could have been dropped since the last time you updated TC?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled CS first showing INQs for TU and EQ as being 1 and 5, respectively.  About 10 minutes later, I pulled TC which showed INQs for TU and EQ as being 2 and 8, respetively.  (The magical INQs (now you see 'em, now you don't) were from late 2006-early 2007, if that makes a difference.)

I guess I'll pull again later this week and see what happens.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the timeframe of the inquiries reported? Does 1 CMS report 12 months and the other 24 or something along those lines?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the difference was on EQ and not TU or EX, I'd wait a few days. EQ may not be updating this week due to complications. They pull off mirror servers when you look at your CR so with all thats going on with EQ I'd wait a few more days.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 02-19-2008 02:03 PM
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The timeframe for the INQs in questions differs for TU and EQ. 
On TU, the questionable INQs are the oldest on my TU file and date back to early 2007.  The questionable INQs on EQ are in the "middle" and date back to late 2006.  I say they are in the middle because I have an INQ from an auto loan (Sept. 2006) that's older than the questionable EQ INQs that remains on both files and I have INQs remaining on both files that are newer.  {I hope that makes sense.}
Does that seem weird to anyone else?
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are all of your other TLs appearing and reporting OK?

Is it possible you have a split file on TU and EQ at the same time?

Seems unlikely, but I suppose stranger things have happened.  Especially since EX is the only one not affected here, and EX is the only one where you can't get a split file.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.