Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSC vs. Equifax ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSC vs. Equifax ?

I am located in Midwest and just received my "investigation" results from a dispute.  The report was dated 5/29; but just got it yesterday - first what's up with that??

Second, this does NOT match the Equifax info that I get from TC - is this normal?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSC vs. Equifax ?

CSC sent me a report weeks after the date on it.   I think they hold on to it and wait the full 30 or so  days to mail it out.   Did you check the post-marked date on the evelope?

Message Edited by sunmaiden on 07-11-2007 05:47 AM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

And yes, it is possible that the info on TC will be different than EQ.   Because in my case  TC will show faster for EQ than EQ itself, because I have to go thru CSC also.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to go through CSC as well apparently so there are (4) reports we need to be concerned with?  I did check the postmark date and it was July 5

What concerns me for one is that this report does NOT show an account as being "double reported" which is a good thing, but Equifax itself shows it twice - how does one go about getting THAT corrected then?

Thanks!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it's confusing.  Think of CSC as a sub-contractor.   The info comes from your creditors to EQ and then goes to CSC.   CSC maintains your credit file.   But when you apply for credit the report says Equifax.   EQ will not make changes,  CSC must do that.  And then CSC pays the info to EQ.    TC gets their info from EQ,(not CSC)  EX and TU.  Use TC as a monitoring tool.  Don't pay attention to the fako scores.   It might be possible that CSC deleted the duplicate account but  EQ has yet to update.   Keep checking TC and if it doesn't resolve soon, call CSC and tell them what you are seeing.   Good luck.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much!  Yeah, they (EQ) has been reporting the account twice for two years!  Yes, I've disputed...I'll check now & see what it shows.

Thanks again!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.