cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CU help

tag
kpiffy

Re: CU help

Well, this certainly gives me hope. I'll keep you posted. My balance is reported on the 13th, so we shall see.....meanwhile, prior to this incident, my score has basically stayed the same for over a year. I'm not sure what I can do do get it moving upward. I only have the one Capital One card (secured~started with $200 limit but then they raised it to $500 after 6 months) and I have a student loan for 17K that I have been paying on time for a year. I have 4 items in collections (medical) that are all within a year or so of dropping off (about 2K total) and I had some late payments (120 days) with my student loan a few years ago). But that's about it.  I would love any suggestions you might have that could help me. Thanks again for your input! 

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

After your report shows your new utilization, I would try cap 1 prequalify app. They are pretty spotbon. See if you can get another card unsecured.

The ideal card situation for growth is 3 bank issued credit cards (cap1, chase, etc.) All showing a zero balance except for one which reports under 9 % utilization.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

With 3 cards and the installment loan you should see a nice boost when your medical collections fall off
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.