Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating AAoA

tag
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Calculating AAoA

Attention Einsteins and Hawkings: I'm just checking. Is the most accurate method of determining my AAoA to take the AAoA of each CB reporting on myFICO, reduce each to months, add them together, divide by 3 and then re-form the quotient into years and months?

AAoA-EQ + AAoA-EX + AAoA-TU = Total Sum of AAoA /3 = Overall AAoA

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calculating AAoA

Overall AAoA isn't really relevant, because it's always going to be viewed with respect to the bureau that's being considered.  The same way that an average credit score (for example, your 3 FICO 08 scores) divided by 3 really isn't meaningful. 

Message 2 of 14
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Uh-oh.

My AAoA for EX, Chase's main CB in California, is only 11 months. Also, that's where the 6 HPs are.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't follow your concern.

Are you thinking of apping for a Chase product? 

Message 4 of 14
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Yup. CSP and Freedom. In another post, I write about the preparation for that, so I forgot to put it here, also.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Except for your own insite, that number will mean nothing. Some of my closed accounts only show on one CB.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup. CSP and Freedom. In another post, I write about the preparation for that, so I forgot to put it here, also.

From what I understand of Chase, they look often for a minimum of 1 year AoOA, not necessarily AAoA.

Message 7 of 14
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

BBS: I can't tell the difference between the two terms.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Age of oldest account verses average age of accounts.
Message 9 of 14
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Hmmmmmmmmm, thanks for that, even though it creates another quandary. The age of my oldest account is almost 30 years. It's an Amex account that was closed several years ago. Unfortunately, it's only reported on TU, which Chase almost never uses here in California. The age of my recent oldest account (a CO Platinum secured card) is only 2 1/4 years. Both EX and EQ (both of which Chase uses) report their ages as 11 months. Also of concern is that my green-check offers from Chase for both Freedom and CSP don't have fixed APRs, but rather broad ranges. I wonder if I'm setting myself up for a double denial. You can see the particulars in my post "Is Chase Prequal Really a Prequal?" in C.C. Applications.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.