cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call at work 4 days after Macy's credit card due?

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Call at work 4 days after Macy's credit card due?

@Lel wrote:

But the point I'm trying to make is that the call might have helped you avoid a more serious delinquency.

Oh how I wish BofA would have done that for me so I didn't wind up with a 120 day late on my CR.  If you sign up for online statements, they send you an email that they payment is due.

LOL I would not mind one bit if they sent one 2 days before saying pay or die.

You can also set for autopay on the minimum due so you are covered in case you forget.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lel wrote:
Problem with Macy's is that they don't have an automatic payment option on their website, at least none that I've ever seen.

This may help.

Message 12 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Am I missing something?

If your billing statement due date was March 1st, and you were a few days late, then they can charge you late fees and hold you in violation of your CC agreement. But no 30-day late can be reported to the CRAs until April 1st. 

Being over 30-days late on payment from the billing date (i.e., aftter the billing due date) is NOT the same as being 30-days late for CRA reporting.

One is based on 30-days from billing date, the other on 30-days expiration from billing DUE date.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. You can write to Macy's at their address on your bill for "inquiries."

2. You can use mycheckfree.com to pay a Macy's bill.

3. You can use your own banking bill pay to pay the bill.

Very simple solutions.

Message 14 of 17
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

I forgot for the 1st time to make my march payment which was due on the 21st and I got a call last weekend.  I was soo happy that they did call just a few days later because I really did think I made that payment.  They lowered my CL to the current balance, increased my payment amount and charged a fee.  I made the payment right then and there on the phone and post dated a payment of $150 that I already  had scheduled with my bank and she reversed the late fee but when I called yesterday to restore my CL, they declined and said I will have to wait 6-9 monthsSmiley Surprised!  I was so upset because I have never missed a payment or been late before.  I've always been really satisfied with Macy's but this just really bugged me.  I will never close them though because I love Macy's and they are generous with CLI's

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 15 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They cannot report a 30-day late to any CRA until 30-days has expired from the billing due date.

If a payment was due March 1st, and not timely made by that date, then, of course they can hit you for late fees, etc.

But reporting of a 30-day late to a CRA could only be made if payment was not received by April 1st.

The only statute I am aware of with regard to creditors communicating with you is FDCPA 805(b) and (c), and only applies to debt colletors (usually a third party CA).

I know of no statutory restriction that prohibits an original creditor from calling you.

Message 16 of 17
marty56
Super Contributor

@Kiwill wrote:

I forgot for the 1st time to make my march payment which was due on the 21st and I got a call last weekend.  I was soo happy that they did call just a few days later because I really did think I made that payment. 

+1

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.