Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling to verify information

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calling to verify information

I'm asking this for my DH. When you are asked to call a credit card for information, What questions are normally asked?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Calling to verify information

Credit card companies place calls to consumers when they see suspicous activity,  such as multiple large charges in the same day.

It usually does not mean anything is amiss, and they are simply checkting to verify that you made the transaction.

It is a useful and appropriate means to check for possible identity theft........

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I worded that wrong. After applying for a credit card and getting an instant approval, the credit card company asked to verify information. .... he was wandering for instance. .. will he have to show proof of where he works for example. .... ?
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Approval criteria vary with creditor.

Some creditors will, if the credit limit is small or the card is secured, rely primarily or entirely on application information and credit score only.

They may not even, although they also get a credit report, even do a manual review of the report contents.

Others may do a manual review of the credit report or request additional information not even considered in FICO scoring, such as employer, employment time, and income.

The degree of additional information requested may depend upon the credit limit being considered, and vary with the results found in a preliminary manual review, etc.

Message 4 of 5
FlippinFrogs

I just got a call to verify when I applied to Khols online. I called and when I asked there was a problem with the application because it did not report the answers to the verification questions to them. ie "In 2015 you may have opened a credit line with X company. Please choose:.a) b) c) d). " We did it over the phone and I was approved for $600.
MyFico EQ 686, TU 733, EX 701 5/13/18. FICO5 663, FICO4 688, FICO2 651
But the Prosper Loan has not reported yet (first week of June)
Fingerhut 1400 11/16, Lane Bryant 250 3/17, CapOne QS1 500 3/17, Ford Service 500 5/17, Care Credit 7680 10/17, Sync Amazon 2200 10/17, CreditOne 1200 12/17, Samsung TD 1200 3/18, BOA Plat Plus MC 1900 4/18, DiscItChrome 1000 5/18, Khols 600 5/18, Amazon Visa 1000 5/18.
Selflender Austin Capital Sec Loan 550 10/17, Prosper Loan 5400 4/18
Total Revolving 992/19930 4.9% Loan 5691/5950 95%
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.