cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Anyone Guess What My Score Will Look Like??

tag
doedoe
New Contributor

Guess What My Score Will Look Like?? its total BS

I paid off all my cards including half of the best buy card. all the new balances are reporting, and guess what i got.....6 lousy points on eq and 10 on tu.

I think that is total BS!!!!

from 90%util to less than 3%

If i would have known that, i wouldnt have paid them all off, and wouldve used the money for something more important!.

Message 11 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Guess What My Score Will Look Like?? its total BS

Are you sure nothing else changed on your reports?
Message 12 of 18
doedoe
New Contributor

Yea, Im positive nothing else has changed except the balances.

How is that even possible??

Message 13 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I assume you pulled FICOs and not FAKOs. Something had to of changed. Look VERY closely at your baddies and make sure there were no updates. I have never seen so few points gained with util going from 90% to less than 3%. You also have far fewer accounts reporting balances, this would also give you more points.
Message 14 of 18
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Agree 100%. This should've had an increase in the near 100 point range or more. There has to be some baddie update or something. Please go over your reports side by side with a fine-toothed comb, a highlighter and a magnifying glass.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes I wonder if the obsession that everybody has with their FICO scores is obscuring the point.  You paid off almost all of your credit card debt.  The elimination of the debt alone should be the important part here.  Spending the money on something "more important" just because your FICO didn't go up as much as expected seems to suggest that carrying cc debt is OK if getting rid of it doesn't raise your FICO enough.  I think our FICO obsession is not always (even most of the time) a good thing.  
Message 16 of 18
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

**Peeks in to double check which forums we are on--yep myFICO**

I agree in part with you BWH (getting rid of the debt is very important), but oftentimes, people need to apply for something and like it or not, that FICO score will determine whether or not we get the loan, and how much interest we will have to pay, if we get it. FICO score obsession is very important in those times.

Paying the debt off is paramount, but the OP was concerned about why the score didn't bump more than it did. And quite frankly, all things being equal, the score should've gone up much more than it did. I, for one, would like to know why it didn't. What was overlooked?

In the times in which I am not apping for anything, I have always stated, that I don't care what happens to my FICO score, as long as I am not late. But, when I need to app, I am like a rabid animal about it.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was that Best Buy an HSBC card? If you paid it after the end of the month it will take until the end of the month to update, leaving you at high UTIL on one card
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.