cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Anyone Guess What My Score Will Look Like??

tag
doedoe
New Contributor

Can Anyone Guess What My Score Will Look Like??

These are my cards:

Limit/Balance

Cap1---2200/2190

Wamu-1500/1444

Orch---- 800/779

Hooters-500/490

BestBuy-300/270

Kays----2100/0

I paid off all the cards today except BestBuy.

My current fico scores are TU642 EX656 EQ648

When all the accounts report a 0 balance what do you guys think my score will go to?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Can Anyone Guess What My Score Will Look Like??

IMHO over 700
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 18
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, you util is going way down, both total util and individual util on each card, so you should get a nice boost.  Don't pull until about a week after the last card's closing date so that you can be certain that they're all reporting zero balances.
Message 3 of 18
doedoe
New Contributor

Yea I hope so. That would be so nice to hit over 700. I dont plan on buying or applying for anything, it would just be nice to know my scores are over 700. Does anyone know if there is an estimate of how many points you gain by dropping UTI that much that fast? Anyone have experiance with something like that?
Message 4 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

You said you paid all of your cards down to $0 except Best Buy. Does the Best Buy card still have a $270 balance? Do you have any recent (less than two years old) bad stuff on your reports? If yes, how severe?
Message 5 of 18
doedoe
New Contributor

Yes all the cards were paid to 0. except the bestbuy. The current balance on the bestbuy is 270.00. I was going to pay it off too but I read somewhere around here that its good to have a very small amount of debt. As for baddies, I have 3 but they are all 6+ years old and scheduled to come off by the end of this year and beggining of next. Other than that I have no lates or any other derogatory items listed.
Message 6 of 18
RoverC
Valued Member

For me util is a HUGE effect.

No other changes, went from CC bal's of $200 to almost $8000 which was 90% util and my score went from 750's to 604!

Hard to believe it tanked my score by 150pts, but thats the only thing that changed. Mtg stayed the same etc. No baddies in 5+ years, (and only 3 30's back then) but one lingering acct that should have aged off last year.

I have now paid all but $2100 off and its back to over 700. (705,721,728)

The fico simulator claims 840 (TU) and 790 (EQ) if I pay it all off.

Now my gf is just the opposite. She has a 740-780 score no matter what she does. She has cards at 95% util and it never changes! Was 745 EXP w/ 0 bal, she charged up to 95% and it dropped to 741. Similar w/ the other 2. She has 3 CC, no mtg, no car payments, and only 2 installments over the past 3 years. 15 year history. Makes no sense why her score never moves. I would think sinces her score is all CC that util would effect her more than me! Nope.

Message 7 of 18
doedoe
New Contributor

Anyone else have an idea what my scores might look like?
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last month I paid $12000 in credit card debt leaving me a balance of $650 and about 3% util.

My credit score went from 664 to 762 (TU)

Message 9 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

doedoe wrote:
Anyone else have an idea what my scores might look like?

I think your scores will improve quite a bit, but having the Best Buy card reporting at 90% util might be a problem. In FICO scoring, a single CC reporting 90% is considered maxed-out. 700 is certainly possible, 720+, probably not.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.