cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can CRA report same account twice on CR using an Alias?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can CRA report same account twice on CR using an Alias?

The CRA reported the same account as SST and as TRS/CIGPF1 Corp on my husband's CR. Didn't even realize it until we settled the account and got the confirmation letter. The CA was ACI and the letter had both companies names on it. Looked at bottom of credit report and same address!! Can they both report the same account?? Looks like 2 Derog's instead of 1.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kmcbarne
Established Member

Re: Can CRA report same account twice on CR using an Alias?

From my understanding no they cannot. Once the account is sold to a CA, the OC must stop stop reporting on their own. For example, if you have a collection with Verizon, and they sell the debt to NCO, only NCO can report. If NCO in turn sells it to Midland, then NCO must stop reporting.

I have this same problem on my TU file. I have a judgement that is also listed under two other names, totalling 3 TL from one account. I've disputed, but it keeps coming back verified. Anyone else know how to deal with this?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can CRA report same account twice on CR using an Alias?

I'm having to same problem. The OC is reporting and so is their "attorney" for the same account. It comes back verified.

ewwwwwww...............

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.