Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I DV a CA w/o CR dispute

tag
momof2
Frequent Contributor

Can I DV a CA w/o CR dispute

not getting much help on another thread i posted so i thought i would try again making this simple and short as possible. I have 3 medical bills, 2 of which i know for sure are mine, 1 i dont know as i never recevied bills from the OC or the CA, I dont want to dispute it as I am afraid the CRA will change the dates activity to reflect again, so can I send the DV to the CA w/o disputing the record to the CRA?

here is what the reports states
Grant & weber
OC: st rose dominican hospital
date opened 7/2004
reported since 10/2004
date of status 10/2004
last reported 7/2007 ( this is when i disputed it that i didnt believe it was my debt)
status collection acct. $546 past due as of july 2007

i really dont believe this is my debt cause the dates dont match, i moved back to cali in 4/2004, this was reported in 7/2004, the address of the OC and CA is based in henderson NV so their is a 3 month time lap. SO how can i get a debt created in another state when i was no longer living in that state if the date opened was in 7/2004?  SHould I send them a DV w/o disputing again????

Please answer soon, so i can get this letter typed and mailed 1st thing in the morning.  thanks
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I DV a CA w/o CR dispute

When you DV the CA, you are doing something different than disputing it with the CRA. The dispute through the CRA simply asks for the CA to verify the name, address & SSN match up.

You don't necessarily have to notify the CRA when you DV the CA.
Message 2 of 5
momof2
Frequent Contributor

thank you, i will write up the dv, however i cant seem to find of an dv letter here, can you give me an ex. or give me the link to a sample letter?
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=4328
 Learn about DVs there.

There is lots more if you look under the "Frequently Requested Threads" sticky at the top of the board. All the form letters you'll want in your repair journey are up there Smiley Happy

-ivyalmighty
Message 4 of 5
momof2
Frequent Contributor

the SOL in cali is 4 years, however reading through the link you gave me i found something on their that said to not DV a CA untill the SOL is up, but what date do i go by? date opened 7/2004 reported since 10/2004 or last reported 7/2007? if the 7/2004 is the date i go by for SOL then I cant send the DV letter intill july this year? I am understanding this right??
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.