Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I DV an Original Creditor...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I DV an Original Creditor...

..on really old accts that have been closed/CO'd/out to CAs? 

Since joining this group I have been on information overload!

I've found 10 CAs that I intend to send Lonnster's DV ltr to (wish i knew how many pts each that could possibly equate to should they drop off)

I've found 3 TL's that SOLs apply (does someone have a ltr for this I can copy?)

Other questions:

How can i red/del inquiries?

Can I GW(?) an OC re: auto repo that will drop off in Sep?  Don't know if it's the right ltr or not.

Can I possibly get a 6 y/o old BK off with a DV or a GW?

As you can see I'm going nuts over here.  But all help is greatly appreciated!!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I DV an Original Creditor...

No you do not DV a OC!     You DV only a CA!  There is a letter to send to an OC BUT it should only be sent after the account is disputed & and has been verified. Until then the OC does not have to answer.  If not past SOL the OC can also sue.

on really old accts that have been closed/CO'd/out to CAs? 

IMO the only really old accounts are those past CRTP!

You are trying to do too much without understanding and may cause yourself trouble.

Do 1 thing at a time until you get the hang of it.

SOL only deals with time limit in which you can be sued!!!!!

GW goes to anyone that you have paid!

As to the 10 CAs.....be careful  they might file suit if not past SOL.

As to scores.....everyone is different.....BUT the biggest boost is when the OC's CO is deleted not the CAs.

Can I GW(?) an OC re: auto repo that will drop off in Sep? 

I would judt let it drop!

I've found 3 TL's that SOLs apply (does someone have a ltr for this I can copy?)

Im not sure I understand....are you saying that they are within SOL?  If so then they can demand full payment or file a lawsuit!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-29-2008 04:00 PM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I DV an Original Creditor...

Okay I get it! Don't deal with OC's just yet.

1.  So, I have some OC debts that are listed as being open and under my dismissed BK (e.g. Premier Bank shows OPEN as of 8/1/99 (guessing they are way beyond SOL) "under WEP" with last reporting to CRA in Aug 03.  BK filed 02/02; dismissed in 11/03. I'm just trying to determine how I should address First Premier. And when you say send an OC a ltr after the account has been disputed/verified you should know that I just sent dispute ltrs to all 3 bureaus just this past weekend.  So if FP comes back verified AND they're beyond SOL then what do I do?

2.  In reference to the SOLs I have First Premier (as mentioned) from 08/99; and a Verizon acct from 01/01 that was CO.  I guess the first thing I need to be clear on is how long the SOL for Texas is, which I have just discovered is such:

Under Chapter 16.004 of the Texas Civil Practice & Remedies Code, Four-Year Limitations Period, the statute of limitations for filing suit to collect a debt is no later than four years after the cause of action accrues. An example of when the cause of action accrues is the date on which the debt is declared to be in default.

With that being said, the only date I see on the report is the DATE OPENED date.  Is this the date the account was opened/was posted on CR/or the date the action took place?  By my count I have 6 OC's listed on my report w/all 6 being more than 4 yrs old accord to open date.  As for the CAs, 7 of 10 are over 4 yo.

How about this..what is the VERY FIRST STEP to be taken to restore your credit?

Trust me, I am not trying to DO anything, I'm just trying to find out what actions apply to what scenario.  I certainly appreciate your candid response.  Every piece of good information helps.  Please keep it coming.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.