Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: Can I See My Credit Report Free Of Charge?

happy0510 wrote:

Just paid EX $8 to file a dispute!! Arghhh:smileymad:

I'm sorry! It stinks!:smileymad:

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: Can I See My Credit Report Free Of Charge?

[ Edited ]

Here is my advice on getting the best credit reports and the most comprhensive information at the lowest possible fees.

Yes, as you realize, in compliance with the "once a year free credit report" provisions of the FCRA, you can order your free annual credit reports for each CRA every 12-months through the federally-accepted FCRA compliance site established by the three CRAs at annualcreditreport.com.  If you attempt to secure another free CR at that site, they will tell you that that it has not been a year, and thus you are not yet eligible.

Many consumers then, if they want an updated CR within this period, turn to one of the commercial CR vendor sites, including myFICO, and pay $10-$13.

In my opinion, NO commerical CR you get anywhere compares with the ones you get from annualcreditreport.com.  Commercial CRS are always sanitized and condensed credit reports that are often more confusing than illuminating.

My suggested alternative to getting the best credit repair information is to first get your three free, and comprehensive, CRs from annualcreditreport.com.

Then focus on the specific items of information in those CRs that you disagree with, or want more information on.

You then have the statutory right, under FCRA 609(a)(1), to request, at any time, directly from each CRA, "all information in the consumer's file" relating to any item of information appearing in your credit report.  It includes your right, under FCRA 609(a)(2), to additionally request the sources of any reported item(s) of informatiln.This is not a sanitized credit file interpretation of your credit file by way of a credit report, it is the direct disclosure to yuu of the infomation stored in your credit file

This totally bypasses all purveyors of commerrcial credit reports.Of course, such requests under FCRA 609(a)(1) are not free.  They require, under FCRA 609(a), simply the payment of the processing fee set forth in FCRA 612(f), which is the payment of a check to the CRA in the current amount of $10.50.So, starting with your annualcreditreport.com CR, I see much more benefit from using FCRA 609(a) to address items of information in your credit file than commercial CRs, at about the same cost.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}