Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Speed Up The Process?

tag
John060675
Valued Contributor

Can I Speed Up The Process?

As most of you know, I had Honda Financial agree to remove a couple baddies from late last year.  That was 2 weeks ago, and I received the letter last week that said they would contact the CRA's to reflect my account as in good.  The gentleman said it could take up to 60 days to update.

Well, me being the impatient person that I am, is there any way to speed up the process without making Honda mad?

My Honda account has been updated on 2 of my 3 CR's for this month already (yesterday they updated).  Still shows baddies.

Any tips on speeding this process up?  Thank you.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Can I Speed Up The Process?

Since two CRA's did post, it might be more an issue with the third CRA than with Honda.

I have one account revived from the dead that EX has posted and the other two haven't. I don't have any reason to believe that the creditor didn't tell all three, because this also happened with another account. Once it finally posted on the two slowpokes, it showed the same date on all three, so it must have been them dragging their feet. Since I have since PIF'd it, I don't feel like charging something again in the hopes that this time, they'll report. foo
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 9
John060675
Valued Contributor

Hauling,

Sorry, my post is confusing.  The baddies from Honda are still showing up on my CR's.  EQ (which the baddie is not showing up on) and EX show my payment for the month already, which I sent after I received the letter from Honda.  This tells me that Honda has not told the CRA's yet that I am free of baddies.

TU still shows a balance 3 months old, so I think they just do not update very often.

I am looking to see how I can get the baddies off of the report without having to wait 30 more days until Honda reports again.  I cannot dispute, because EX will not let me.

The issue is that I might be relocating very shortly and I do not want the baddies to be showing up.  This could cause a little problem, maybe. 

Thank you

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You mean you can not dispute ONLINE-

It is your right to dispute (mail, Fax) until the dispute is considered "Frivolous"

@John060675 wrote:
Hauling,
Sorry, my post is confusing. The baddies from Honda are still showing up on my CR's. EQ (which the baddie is not showing up on) and EX show my payment for the month already, which I sent after I received the letter from Honda. This tells me that Honda has not told the CRA's yet that I am free of baddies.
TU still shows a balance 3 months old, so I think they just do not update very often.
I am looking to see how I can get the baddies off of the report without having to wait 30 more days until Honda reports again. I cannot dispute, because EX will not let me.
The issue is that I might be relocating very shortly and I do not want the baddies to be showing up. This could cause a little problem, maybe.
Thank you

Message 4 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

John, OK, gotcha. Maddening, I know!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 9
John060675
Valued Contributor

Timothy,

No, I mean I cannot dispute.  I sent it my mail, and they sent me back a letter saying that it was already "investigate".  I even sent a copy of the letter from Honda as proof that all they would have to do is re-investigate.

I have not tried this with TU, only EX.  TU is far behind on the account balance, that I am afraid to see what would happen.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute TU- balance incorrect

@John060675 wrote:
Timothy,
No, I mean I cannot dispute. I sent it my mail, and they sent me back a letter saying that it was already "investigate". I even sent a copy of the letter from Honda as proof that all they would have to do is re-investigate.
I have not tried this with TU, only EX. TU is far behind on the account balance, that I am afraid to see what would happen.

Message 7 of 9
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Dispute TU- balance incorrect

@John060675 wrote:
Timothy,
No, I mean I cannot dispute. I sent it my mail, and they sent me back a letter saying that it was already "investigate". I even sent a copy of the letter from Honda as proof that all they would have to do is re-investigate.
I have not tried this with TU, only EX. TU is far behind on the account balance, that I am afraid to see what would happen.

ITA... fax it tomorrow.  Or now. 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 8 of 9
John060675
Valued Contributor

OK, will do.  Thanks.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.