Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I become a full member with USAA?

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Can I become a full member with USAA?

Im a member of nfcu. I joined through my brother who was active duty at the time. he is also a full member with usaa and uses them for insurance. I would like to obtain insurance with them as well and maybe down the line try a credit product. So am I elegible?

edit, my brother is not acitve military anymore if this makes a difference

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I become a full member with USAA?

You can join USAA through your brother and because he does have their insurance products then you will be a full member and eligible for all products also. I believe that once you are in that your brothers continuation of using their services will have no effect on your account, but you may want to check their FAQ's to be sure. USAA insurance products are tough to beat for both rates and services. I've seen a number of rate your insurance company polls where they are #1 in both categories.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Re: Can I become a full member with USAA?

I have my insurance with USAA through my dad who is retired army. I got into NFCU through him as well.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.