cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I expect a jump in scores by paying a cc . . .?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I expect a jump in scores by paying a cc . . .?

that is showing as open on my report but is closed by credit grantor?  It is showing as a current account that is adding interest every month.  Should I start making payments toward this or just send the total amount at one time? 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I expect a jump in scores by paying a cc . . .?

PFD if it is closed by grantor... you don't want that there.

but

Depending on the circumstances, you might try to GW something out with them to improve and save the TL.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried the PFD and it was a no go.  I will have no choice but to pay it.  I am just wondering if that will then raise my scores somewhat.  It is making my util very high since it is still showing a balance and overlimit.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try a PFD with threat of BK.  I just did that on one account hoping it works.
Message 4 of 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Short answer is yes paid looks marginally better.  

Long answer is you still have loads of bargaining room.  I'd nag them for a payment arrangment...even PIF if that is ok with you, and keep banging out letters to get something in writing regarding a deletion or them changing derog info.  

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.