Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I fight these?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I fight these?

I'll try to keep this short and sweet.  I filed for a CH7 BK on 1 May 2001.  My Experian CR has it listedincorrectly as 31 May 2001. I had a loan with Homecomings Financial which was included in the BK.  On my Experian CR and my Equifax report, they have noted that i paidon time for May, June  and July of 2001, and then they have me listed as 90 days late in Aug, 120 days late in Sept, and 150+ days late for Oct and Nov of 2001. They have no late flag on Dec of 01, and then they have an OK flag for Jan of 2002.  I disputed this with Experian saying that the comments fieldshould read "included in bankruptcy" but Experian says that the creditor has confirmed the account.  Should I go after them guns blazing over this or sit back and hope that they drop off on schedule one year from now?  Have a very similar problem with the same company on my Equifax CR. No mention of Homecoming on my Trans Union.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I fight these?

KevKaos wrote:
I'll try to keep this short and sweet.  I filed for a CH7 BK on 1 May 2001.  My Experian CR has it listedincorrectly as 31 May 2001. I had a loan with Homecomings Financial which was included in the BK.  On my Experian CR and my Equifax report, they have noted that i paidon time for May, June  and July of 2001, and then they have me listed as 90 days late in Aug, 120 days late in Sept, and 150+ days late for Oct and Nov of 2001. They have no late flag on Dec of 01, and then they have an OK flag for Jan of 2002.  I disputed this with Experian saying that the comments fieldshould read "included in bankruptcy" but Experian says that the creditor has confirmed the account.  Should I go after them guns blazing over this or sit back and hope that they drop off on schedule one year from now?  Have a very similar problem with the same company on my Equifax CR. No mention of Homecoming on my Trans Union.

If you have a copy of your included items I would definitely get this taken care of.  Once it is listed as IIB you don't have to worry about it being sold to a new collector.  As long as they say it wasn't included they can continue to sell it over and over.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I fight these?

OK, I got out my BK paperwork and I have confirmed my filing date as 1 May 2001.  That may be important because at least one of the CRA is reporting it as 31 May 2001.  I know I need to get that sorted out, but about this Homecomings Financial issue.  I called them, and they have no record of me by my acct number or SSN.  I assume that they verify items by records that are not in their immediate system. When I disputed the lates that are listed after the BK, the CRA says that the company has confirmed the debt and the CRA system blocks me from disputing further via their automated system.  My question is, what do I do next?  I could dispute in writing to the CRA and send copies of my BK paperwork.  OR, I could could write a official but cordial letter to the creditor along with copies of my BK docs.  OR, I have a VERY formal and threatening letter that I could send to the creditor that demands verification. Last choice is I could pay my lawyer to go after them, but I think that is a case of last resort.  I would appreciate your insight on how I should proceed.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.