cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get this Inquiry removed from my EQ credit report?

tag
ksiss
Valued Member

Can I get this Inquiry removed from my EQ credit report?

I have an Inquiry in my credit report from Cox Communications that they performed back in December when I was switching over the cable internet service for my apartment from my room-mates account to my account.  I didn't think too much of it, until I read the small print at the bottom of the Inquiries page.  It said:

"Other inquiries that do not affect your score are any inquiries used for purposes other than granting credit, such as an inquiry requested by a landlord."

Would a monthly service like Cable Internet be considered "credit".  Do I have any grounds in attempting to get this Inquiry removed?  If so, how do I go about getting it removed?

Message Edited by ksiss on 04-17-2008 08:26 PM
TU: 783 EQ: 793 EX: 773
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I get this Inquiry removed from my EQ credit report?

ksiss wrote:
I have an Inquiry in my credit report from Cox Communications that they performed back in December when I was switching over the cable internet service for my apartment from my room-mates account to my account.  I didn't think too much of it, until I read the small print at the bottom of the Inquiries page.  It said:

"Other inquiries that do not affect your score are any inquiries used for purposes other than granting credit, such as an inquiry requested by a landlord."

Would a monthly service like Cable Internet be considered "credit".  Do I have any grounds in attempting to get this Inquiry removed?  If so, how do I go about getting it removed?

If you receive the service before you pay the bill, you are getting 30-day terms, which is credit by definition.

If the service is prepaid, that's a different story.

What were the terms of the service you signed up for?

Message 2 of 5
ksiss
Valued Member

I believe the payment is rendered after the service is given.  However I don't understand how this "credit" can only serve to hurt my credit report (with the Inquiry) by not reporting my timely payments.  It's not like it's a denied inquiry where I was seeking "credit" above my head.

Hopefully this practice isn't standard with cable companies since I will be moving to Hawaii in a few months (military orders), and it would suck to have two inquiries on my report from two different cable companies for the next two years!  That's alot of **bleep** twos......Smiley Very Happy
TU: 783 EQ: 793 EX: 773
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is pretty standard-
Cell phones, Phone/cable/internet

Sorry to say this is a PP inq-

ksiss wrote:
I believe the payment is rendered after the service is given.  However I don't understand how this "credit" can only serve to hurt my credit report (with the Inquiry) by not reporting my timely payments.  It's not like it's a denied inquiry where I was seeking "credit" above my head.

Hopefully this practice isn't standard with cable companies since I will be moving to Hawaii in a few months (military orders), and it would suck to have two inquiries on my report from two different cable companies for the next two years!  That's alot of **bleep** twos......Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's completely normal for cable, cell phone etc.

When I called to set up cable at my new house yesterday they told me they were going to check my credit. The electric company did it too.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.